“Yum!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped here on our way to the North Shore. I had the spicy garlic shrimp and my husband had the salt and pepper shrimp. Both were great, although my husband said he wished he would have gotten the spicy garlic.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We ordered shrimps 4 ways - garlic, coconut, spicy sauce and spicy salt. The shrimp is fresh. My son liked the spicy salt, my husband had his garlic, my daughter ate the coconut, and I had the spicy sauce. All very satisfying. Compared to the other trucks, I think they gave the least amount of shrimp and salad. Preferred Fumi's over Giovanni's but not Macky's. It really depends on personal taste but all the shrimp trucks are worth trying!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a must stop every time I'm in Hawaii! It is so worth the trip. My brother's favorite is the coconut shrimp (so lightly breaded and fresh) and I love the garlic shrimp. Prices are very fair and a great value. I will keep coming back again and again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had the garlic shrimp here and thought they were very good, and they tasted very fresh. They came with a white garlic sauce over rice, small salad, piece of fresh pineapple and a flower, a nice touch. You do have to peel your own shrimp. It's cooked after you order it, so it might take a few minutes.

This shrimp truck is very convenient to Turtle Bay: just turn left out of the resort, and it's within five miles. There is a small souvenir shop nearby, with very reasonable priced Hawaiian shirts, plus a place serving shave ice.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had 3 different dishes: spicy shrimp, ginger shrimp and shrimp tempura, and all were fantastic. Very flavorful. I usually don't like fried stuff as much, but the tempura was so fresh, I was very pleasantly surprised that I liked it just as much as the other preparations. Also, while not the main focus of the dish, the rice was exceptionally good. I don't really know how to explain what makes rice any better than usual... texture, flavor... but the rice here was far better than typical. I highly recommend Fumi's Shrimp Truck!