“Best food on the island!”

Fumi's Kahuku Shrimp Truck
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am a native NYer and maybe a bit of a food snob. One of the hardest things to get used to here on Oahu is the lack of good dining options. Your choices primarily consist of hotel restaurants or restaurant chains. Neither of which I find too appealing. But a chance stop at Fumi's was just was my tastebuds needed. The garlic butter shrimp plate is to die for! Hands down the best food on the island.

There are newer reviews for Fumi's Kahuku Shrimp Truck

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place was recommended to our family from a local and we decided to eat here over the many other shrimp trucks in the area. Our visit was enjoyable but I must admit I have had better shrimp at change restaurants. Don't get me wrong, the food was great, but not worth writing home about. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good garlic shrimp but I'm not sure what everyone raves about.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This little spot is a great place to eat while driving around the island. It's about half way around if you start in Waikiki. The food tasted fresh, most dishes $12. Bathroom and sink to wash hands also a plus.

1  Thank svenfly2
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Beyond delicious! My favorite shrimp to eat in the entire world come from the Kahuku Shrimp trucks and shacks. I've had most of the flavors, never met one I didn't devour immediately. I highly suggest getting one of their spicier offerings- they get that level of spiciness just right to cause the flavor to simply explode in your mouth. If you are going around the northern part of Oahu, be sure to plan your lunch here. You will not be disappointed, and you will want to come back for more!

1  Thank Jerry E
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had their #2 Butter-Garlic Shrimp plate twice in one week. First time we stopped at the truck....only had to wait maybe 6-8 minutes - unbelievably good, garlicy, yummy shrimp....as in lick you fingers to get it all. Second time we stopped at their shack just up the road, had to wait close to 20 minutes, the shrimp was not as good, slightly overcooked and not as much of that delicious butter/garlic.

1  Thank 3chihuahuas