“A great shrimp truck pitstop...almost”

Fumi's Kahuku Shrimp Truck
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We saw the truck along Kamehameha highway and we decided to try, we ordered the spicy and salt and pepper shrimp. Both taste great, especially the spicy shrimp, although the food is great, food hygiene is not.
Flies where just flying all over the truck and the order taker did not wash her hand when she started to prepare our food, I could not see more because she saw me observing and told me to sit and wait.
We would recommend Fumi's but with such bad food handling, I could not...wish this was just an isolated case of a laziness.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We love the garlic shrimp here, great flavor and even better price. We had try the one down the road (red building) but compare to Fumi's, it didnt even came close. We will definetly eat here again whenever we are in town again (I hope its pretty soon).

Reviewed March 22, 2013

we went to the blue building, not the truck. the shrimp farm is behind the building so you know the shrimp and fish is fresh. I'm not a seafood person but I got some shrimp and it was delicious. this is the only place we go to cause we know you will get more then what you can eat, prices and food are great. get there when they open it gets pass 11:30am and the tour busses are lined up

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last meal before leaving Oahu ... had been wanting this for days. Simple, tasty, just what I wanted. Definitely need to stop ... it's an island must do.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We rented a car to tour the island and our travel guide from Expedia suggested that we stop at fumi's for shrimp/seafood. We did and did not regret it. The food was great with very good portions. I had the cod and it was very good and cooked to perfection. The place is situated right off the main road with lots of seating outside. The menu is easy to pick from and the service is quick! My husband who had shrimp said it was some of the best shrimp he has had.