“Awesome food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very good food awesome prices. Most tour guidez of the circle island tours make a stop here. The building is kind of ugly but the food makes up for it. They farm their own shrimp at the location and it is very nice. Probably the best seafood in Oahu.

1  Thank seanatchee

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had lunch at Fumi's shrimp truck - not the restaurant so I hope that I have the right site for this review.

Fumi's is so much better than Giovanni's. He has a number of different ways of preparing shrimp and of the ones we've tried so far they have all been outstanding. When we were there the other day there was even a small tour bus that stopped here. I hope the quality doesn't go down now. Most of the shrimp platters are $12.00. I had the tempura shrimp last time and I was given a lovely sauce that was slightly sweet and had chilis in it. It was wonderful with the shrimp. Fumi's is all outdoor eating at picnic tables that he has set up near the truck. There are porta potties if you have to use washroom facilities but his port potties are cleaner than many washrooms that I've used.

We go to Fumi's every time that we're in Hawaii. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ordered the garlic and hitter and the spicy. 2 and 8 on menu. Good quick service and friendly greeting. The third shrimp meal we ate. Flavoring was good not salty and I think average. My husband thought it was the best.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Several locations, but I prefer the original truck. Looks somewhat junky, but the shrimp (I prefer the Spicy Garlic) is delicious. Have to peel your own, but a clean-up sink is available (as well as port-a-potties). I regularly visit Fumi's and always bring visitors there. All say it made their trip!

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

As per the title I don't eat shrimps! I was made to stop there and eat as we were part of a tour and this is where out driver took us! Had it been my choice I wouldn't have had lunch in a shrimp shack!

This is literally a stop in the middle of no where! According to our guide this is THE place to eat shrimp and as we were out on an all day tour not eating was not an option.

It might be a stop in the middle of nowhere but it looked really popular. There are about 12 dishes on the menu and from those all are shrimps except for the cheeseburger and the chicken katsu. I was grateful fr the non fish/ seafood option considering the name of the place.

The only to get here is by car/ road as, as mentioned, this is a stop on the road. As soon as we pulled up, the lady taking orders made sure we were part of the tour and took out order. I had the chicken katsu as I was fed up of junk food.

Once you place your order and pay, you take a seat on the benches and wait for your number to be called. The food came reasonably quickly mainly because I think they realise that tours have a limited time to eat and move on.

My chicken katsu was nice and crispy but really it was just chicken with some Panko breadcrumbs. The sauce that came with it was tiny and had I been closer I would have asked for more. The rice was inedible. Just two blobs of white boiled rice in a plastic container.

I think I paid $10-12 for my meal and can't say this was good value for money of you consider this is not really a restaurant and its just a chicken breast.

My friend had the shrimps and was reasonably pleased.

The service was ok but again you pretty much order and go and pick up your food.

I wouldn't go there again and would not recommend it for non shrimp eaters.

The people around us seemed to enjoy their meal so worth giving a try if you are in the area and love shrimps!

1  Thank Keyz