“Worth a visit”
Review of Turtle Bay Golf

Turtle Bay Golf
Ranked #9 of 18 things to do in Kahuku
More attraction details
Owner description: Turtle Bay Golf features two, 18-hole golf courses on the Fabled North Shore of Oahu. The Arnold Palmer Course is a Golf Digest Top 100 Public Golf Course and has hosted both the LPGA Tour and Champions Tour. The George Fazio Course is a perfect course for the novice golfer or families wanting a quality golf experience. Special walking rates available on the Fazio Course. Ask about our rental club special which allows golfers complimentary use of the rental clubs after the first rental on either of our golf courses. First rental includes 2 sleeves of Titleist golf balls
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Played the Palmer course with a group of friends and everyone enjoyed the well manicured layout. Is fair for all levels of golfers and has some very well designed holes. Is probably a little over priced for what you get but you can get some cheaper rates in the afternoon.

All reviews
in 67 reviews
in 32 reviews
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Palmer course great... Fazio unremarkable.. Palmer course in excellent condition and very tough when the trades are howling.. Greens smooth, fast and true-- no grain like Ko Olina-- bunkers need sand-- overall, Palmer a 5, Fazio a 3

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Golf Pro is a liar and would not honor an entertainment book coupon that his staff indicated that was usable. Staff went so far as to tell me that I made an internet reservation, I guess it must of been Turtle Bay's version of Siri - in either case, neither works. Golf Cart brakes did not work and nobody seeme to care, but I was able to exchange it after 9. Three of the ball washes did not work. For what the green fees are, I would have expected something wonderful, not a bunch of jerks on a poorly maintained golf course. [--] should be fired and they should start over again.

On the positive side, there are a couple holes with ocean views, but not nearly as many as one would think. I think I will stick with Trump in LA. Much better views and better maintained. Although [--] has the ego of Trump - but would rather fire the customers than employees!

Matthew H, Manager at Turtle Bay Golf, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Turtle Bay Golf was happy to honor the 4 for 3 coupon you had and offered you a free round of golf under the restrictions that were listed on the coupon which stated that it could not be used before noon on weekends. We are sorry that our solution and the complimentary dinner for two that was offered to you by the hotel did not meet your satisfaction. Brake and ball washers have been checked and are all in good working order...thank you for the feedback. We certainly strive to offer an enjoyable experience to all of our guests and hope to see you again in the future...with Aloha Matt Hall - PGA Director of Golf.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I golfed here while on vacation and the greens fee's were very expensive considering the condition of the course. I have golfed at courses in the states that were a lot cheaper but in much better condition. You can't beat the views at Turtle Bay and perhaps that is worth the high green fee's but for me, I was a little disappointed. I was also frustrated because we only had 3 holes left when we were supposed to be off the course, and so I called the club house to let them know that we only had 3 holes left and we would just follow the group in front of us in, and instead of them being okay with it, they told us to leave the hole we were on immediately and return to the clubhouse. I thought that was kind of ridiculous considering how much we paid to play.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Played the Palmer course which is very nice. The front nine meanders through forested areas. Water on 6 of the holes. Nice greens and fairways but the wind is in your face on several holes leading to very very long 2nd shots to the green. The back nine is better, more holes down wind but water and heavily bunkered on all holes. The staff was very nice and the pace of play was Ok (4.5 hrs) but being on Hawaii and on the water, you would expect to see the ocean once in a while. Of the 18 holes only 2 gave you much of an ocean view. Like my title said, if this course was in KC people would be saying how great it was, but in Hawaii, they seemed to miss an opportunity to show the beauty of the north shore.