“Excellent - worth the journey and kudos to a small family farm!!!!!”
Review of Kahuku Farms

North Shore Adventure
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Kahuku
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Open Daily 11am-4pm. Closed Tuesdays. Our Farm Cafe serves Iced Drinks, Smoothies, Coffee, Farm Fresh Ice Creams and Sorbets, Farm Goodies, Salad, Sandwich, Pizza, and more. Call us to reserve your spot on a Grand Tour of our farm, learn our history and discover all the fruits and veggies the country has to offer; ride through our commercial fields and see what it takes for farmers to put fresh food on our local supermarket shelves. We also have a Smoothie Tour available, join us on a 30 minute wagon ride of our family farm and see where all the fresh Papaya and Apple Bananas for our smoothies are harvested, includes a yummy fresh fruit Papaya Power smoothie. We encourage you to make advanced reservations for our tours. We have a variety of country products and gifts for you to take home with you. Culinary Products: Try these refreshingly new products for a delightful taste straight from the farm; delicious alone or use them in your favorite recipes. Bath & Body Products: Our uniquely rich and smooth bath products will soften and refresh your skin; enjoy these products anytime, after bath, before bed time or after sun.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 14, 2014

A few years ago I ripped out an article in USAirways magazine on local farms in the state of Hawaii. On my most recent trip, I realized there was one on the north shore and made a reservation for a smoothie tour. The smoothie comes at the end of the tour and is based on ingredients from the farm.

One of the owners will personally give you a tour of the family farm and explain the challenges of growing fruits/veggies in paradise. I use to grow bananas myself in Florida and it was a great experience to drive through the fields and get a detailed commentary of many different crops.

The most impressive part is the owner describing his work, his passion and his genunine grattitude in making the journey to his property. I also sincerely appreciated the offers for a couple of photo opportunities on the land itself.
In June, there was also a beautiful field of sunflowers that could easily stop traffic, too.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

this tour was so great... kid friendly and very informative... the staff is super friendly & willing to chat it up after... bring your appetite after a day on the north shore... because their farm to table food is AWESOME!!! I had the fried banana bread which was almost sinful & the mango iced tea should be sold by the gallon it's so good!!! Also, their smoothies were pure fresh fruit healthy & delicious... definitely a must... I'll be back as often as possible :D

Reviewed March 10, 2014

It really doesn't look like much. You see a tractor out front. You see a building, just slightly more fancy than some of the bigger fruit stands where food is sold at the side of the road. But, the experience is outstanding.

We arrived at 2:30. So, we had missed the scheduled tour. But, a phone call was made by the woman behind the counter and a 3 pm tour was scheduled for us. While we waited, papaya/banana/pineapple smoothies were offered to us all, included in the tour price.

The portapotties had a sink and soap. Very fancy for portapotties. I include this point, since that is a question I am surveyed about.

Our group included an Iowa farmer interested in how food was raised in this tropical area. Our tour guide had a degree in agriculture and provided explanations at an appropriate level, though one could tell he would have been equally effective giving tours to school children as he had done earlier that day. He cared about farming. It was obvious.

Then we ordered three items from the menu. Farm pizza. Passion fruit sorbet. And a dish that included eggplant. All were tremendous. There were only a dozen items on the menu. By extrapolation, I can assure you that no matter what you order, it will be the best dish of its kind you have ever tasted.

In contrast, we had gone on the Dole train at the Oahu plantation and seen what they offered. Night and day difference as Dole, much like Disney has figured out how to market to the least common denominator.

This was a personal experience. It is the type of experience where you get back some multiple of what you put in. If you care about farms and farming just a little, the enthusiasm of the tour guide will multiply that enthusiasm for you and provide an unforgettable experience. Or, just come for the food. There is none better anywhere.

5  Thank Bertrecords
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Was recommended to visit by another set of locals from Paradise Air Hawaii and I am glad I did. This place has some of the freshest and most beautiful food I have ever tasted.
I cannot put into words how scrumptious the meals were, we ate until we could not fit in any more!
Stop by and sample anything from the menu, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited Kahuku Farms for a rehearsal luncheon. They have a covered area with picnic benches for us to eat. Everything they offered us was grown at the farm. Salad was great, variety of fruits sweet and fresh. My husband had the pesto/eggplant pizza and I had the roast beef sandwich. For dessert I had the Lillikoi (passion fruit) ice cream with banana bread...oh that banana bread was delicious!!! They offer a tour around the farm for $10. We walked around and got to see how they grow their lettece. Nice place to visit with fresh grown food/fruits to eat.

1  Thank jaggSF