“Breakfast”
Review of Palm Terrace - CLOSED

Palm Terrace
Cuisines: American
Description: At the Turtle Bay Resort on the Island of Oahu.
Description: At the Turtle Bay Resort on the Island of Oahu.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We ate here for breakfast a couple times and opted to order off the menu as the buffet was close to $30 per person. Not bad food - recommend getting the Loco Moco with extra gravy. You won't find THAT in the mainland!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

our package had the full American breakfast daily. It was so nice to get and go down to the PT and the food was perfect. The buffet was quite a spread.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love a good breakfast buffet, especially when an omelet station is involved. To put it short, this is a $15 buffet at home that cost $26 on the resort - inflated because its on an island (higher food cost in general) and of course because its on the resort. It's not bad, it's just nothing exceptional.

The view is overlooking the side of the resort with the pools and bay and is very serene. I felt like that too factored into the price. A cheaper $18pp is available which cuts out the hot food and leaves you with basically fruit, bagels, and pastries. We did this one day before surfing as we didn't want to eat too much before our surf lessons. We ate here 3 of the 4 days and decided to go to a yelp recommended cafe in Waikiki our last day on Oahu before heading to Maui called Sweet E's Cafe - I have a review of that place on their yelp page. Palm Terrace however is your go to convenient resort breakfast if your not against spending a little extra money.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This breakfast buffet, while not the best I have ever had, does offer something for everyone. The fruit is amazing but is often covered in gnats/fruit flies so if you are put off by that, you may have a big problem with this place. I do not remember this being a problem the last time we visited a few years ago. None the less, we still enjoyed it. There are always eggs, bacon, sausage/ham, omelet station, pastries, toast, bagels, yogurt and oatmeal bar, cereal, juices, and a rotation of french toast, pancakes, and waffles. I think they could really benefit from having a waffle station with the omelet station where you could get a belgian waffle made on the spot with either fruit, chocolate chips, or nothing mixed in. Then the waffle would be warmer AND made to order. The bacon was also not cooked crispy enough for me, but that was not a deal breaker. The best way to go with this buffet is to buy a package that includes it, otherwise it's a bit pricey. I do not recommend this place for dinner.

1  Thank LindzNCarolina
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The buffet was delicious, but expensive. Everything we tried was tasty. It was very well done, but not a great value.