“excellent accommodations; relaxing with no hassle”
other travelers have booked this property
Airial View Living Room
gorgeous beaches
big surf of resort pool
neighboring Kawela Bay
World Famous Pipline surf
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
aair7
Santa Monica, California
“excellent accommodations; relaxing with no hassle”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I called to the owner, Kyle, for a lot of questions. He was beyond helpful and had a lot suggestions about the area. He informed me that condo was off Flipkey (but on VRBO), so there had been a long time before any reviews were submitted. He told me that was some small updated required. The condo was great, clean, neat, organized, and ideal for out stay. We had a wonderful trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Rusty S
“READ ALL REVIEWS AND BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

The other reviews of this property say it all. It is nothing flash but when staying at a place where everything is outdoors you don't need luxury! It was clean enough and had all that we needed. The best feature is that it is 5 minutes walk to the resort and you can subtly use all facilities without so much as a suspicious question! By far the hardest part of the booking (and it seems everyone has the same issue) is the owner. He hounds you for a $500 deposit outside of the booking system (which could be included in the safe platform but instead he wants it separately) and then took 5 days to refund (I had to email him every day). He then commented that we ahd used too much electricity although we were barely there and only the aircon to sleep. He was rude, sarcastic and unhelpful. I have read many similar horror stories. I would like to stay here again but definitiely won't because of him.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and use of Turtle Bay
Liked least: The owner
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Sep 22, 2015
wow... how rude. Like anyone would rent their $400k property without a deposit. I could have charged him for over use of electricity as stated in my contract. I gave him a break and this is how he repays me. Yes I charge for over-use... I've been left with nightmare bills of those who leave the AC on all day while they're gone. My total reviews say it all. I don't know why I have so many entitled nut-jobs lately.
CMHamel1
Calgary, Canada
“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”
Reviewed October 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Recently returned from a visit to the beautiful island of Oahu with my husband and stayed in this one bedroom unit. The one bedroom condo is located on the lower floor of a two storey attached condo complex (Kuilima Estates), about 75 feet from the main entrance road to the Turtle Bay resort/golf course and beach. The master bedroom is in the front, looking onto a knoll and the living/dining and kitchen area are located at the rear of the unit with a lanai facing a grassy area. The furnishings are basic and not necessarily comfortable, such as the futon couch and two plastic lawn chairs in the living room, although suitable. The kitchen is adequately supplied for short term rental purposes. The unit was indeed clean thanks to the lovely cleaning lady Annette. The rental agreement is detailed with additional costs due to high electrical power costs. We unplugged the AC unit and were VERY energy consumption conscious; therefore, we were not charged for any additional electrical consumption. If we had been that would definitely mean everyone would be charged extra. Annette reads the electrical meter prior to guest’s arrival and after departure. In terms of location, we were readily able to access, with our rented vehicle, the North Shore towns and points of interest as well as the lovely Kuilima Cove Beach. If you are looking for customer service however, don’t expect it. Three days prior to our arriving, I emailed to receive access instructions – no response. I called directly Monday and left a voice message and finally received a map and entrance particulars. I fully accept that the discounted rate of $650/week was posted one week after signing the rental agreement. What I find disturbing and unethical is the addition error (see photo) which has been brought to the owner’s attention prior to our arrival to no avail. Dear reader: Can you do the math?
7 nights $750
14% taxes $105 (sorry, mandatory in Hawaii)
Cleaning fee $100
Total $995
I guess an additional $40 per guest rental equates to a sizeable pot at the end of each calendar year. I would have to agree with the review posted October 28 2013, not worth the effort of dealing with this finger pointing owner. There are other condo’s in the same area that you deserve better. I fully expect a retaliatory note from the owner – oh well. This too shall pass!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: North Shore location
Liked least: Dealing with the owner
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Reviewed May 20, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Dealing with the owner and the lack of cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hamilton
Reviewed May 5, 2014 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Alaska
Reviewed April 24, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
deerfield beach florida
Reviewed April 23, 2014 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing