“Excellent stay in the Condo”
other travelers have booked this property
Airial View Living Room
gorgeous beaches
big surf of resort pool
neighboring Kawela Bay
World Famous Pipline surf
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
CMHamel1
Calgary, Canada
“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”
Reviewed October 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Recently returned from a visit to the beautiful island of Oahu with my husband and stayed in this one bedroom unit. The one bedroom condo is located on the lower floor of a two storey attached condo complex (Kuilima Estates), about 75 feet from the main entrance road to the Turtle Bay resort/golf course and beach. The master bedroom is in the front, looking onto a knoll and the living/dining and kitchen area are located at the rear of the unit with a lanai facing a grassy area. The furnishings are basic and not necessarily comfortable, such as the futon couch and two plastic lawn chairs in the living room, although suitable. The kitchen is adequately supplied for short term rental purposes. The unit was indeed clean thanks to the lovely cleaning lady Annette. The rental agreement is detailed with additional costs due to high electrical power costs. We unplugged the AC unit and were VERY energy consumption conscious; therefore, we were not charged for any additional electrical consumption. If we had been that would definitely mean everyone would be charged extra. Annette reads the electrical meter prior to guest’s arrival and after departure. In terms of location, we were readily able to access, with our rented vehicle, the North Shore towns and points of interest as well as the lovely Kuilima Cove Beach. If you are looking for customer service however, don’t expect it. Three days prior to our arriving, I emailed to receive access instructions – no response. I called directly Monday and left a voice message and finally received a map and entrance particulars. I fully accept that the discounted rate of $650/week was posted one week after signing the rental agreement. What I find disturbing and unethical is the addition error (see photo) which has been brought to the owner’s attention prior to our arrival to no avail. Dear reader: Can you do the math?
7 nights $750
14% taxes $105 (sorry, mandatory in Hawaii)
Cleaning fee $100
Total $995
I guess an additional $40 per guest rental equates to a sizeable pot at the end of each calendar year. I would have to agree with the review posted October 28 2013, not worth the effort of dealing with this finger pointing owner. There are other condo’s in the same area that you deserve better. I fully expect a retaliatory note from the owner – oh well. This too shall pass!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: North Shore location
Liked least: Dealing with the owner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Reviewed May 20, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Dealing with the owner and the lack of cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hamilton

Laguna Niguel, California
“Nightmare-Renter Beware!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband & I went to Oahu for our Anniversary. We were looking for a condo in a nice location, more space than a hotel room, and comfort at a good value. We were out all day sightseeing, then cleaned up and went out for dinner every night. Cooking is not my idea of a vacation. This condo is in a nice location. Turtle Bay is very nice. The condo was Not Spotless like Advertised but was tidy. The Futon couch and wicker chairs were very uncomfortable. However, it was our dealing with the Owner that was a Nightmare! If you are brave enough to try renting after reading this, ask first for the Rental Agreement before you give the non-refundable deposit. The owner is quite Anal. For one he says he reads the electricity meter before and after your stay and will charge for overuse...etc. When I mailed my payment for the week by Certified Mail, he had a "hissy-fit" that he had to go to the post office to pick it up. He asked me to cancel the check and re-mail a check by normal mail. When we arrived at the condo and had some issues with the TV and a question of where to put our linens upon departure, he directed me to contact the Satellite company and his Housekeeper. Not our responsibility but we let it go. Then when we got home he emailed us & said that we had broken a stove knob and he would be charging us $60. One problem...WE NEVER USED THE STOVE, WE ATE OUT EVERY NIGHT. After many emails and a phone call, he charged our credit card that we had left for a security deposit for $80! Not just $60! Eighty dollars is not a lot of money but the hassle and time spent dealing with the owner made what would have been a good value definitely NOT! I have traveled extensively and have never dealt with someone like this. I would recommend finding a vacation condo in Turtle Bay, just not this one!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location in Turtle Bay was very nice.
Liked least: Dealing with the Owner and uncomfortable Futon couch.
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Oct 27, 2013
ALL MY OTHER REVIEWS REALLY SUM IT UP

OWNER'S NIGHTMARE - Uncooperative, Demanding, Entitled, and Dishonest.

My maid has always been honest and reliable and has nothing to gain by lying. We’ve had past breakages and repairs and she simply reported them without blaming the guests.

This oven knob stem was obviously broken-off and placed in the kitchen drawer. My maid said the stove had most certainly been used and need cleaning. That is how she discovered the broken part.

A person who would lye about breaking this part (and not report it as requested in my contract) and placing it in a kitchen drawer (where my maid found it) would certainly lye about using the stove. This person was demanding and difficult from start to finish.

My ad and instructions are as clear about payment as they are about the deposit, damage, stains, and power usage. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to wait in line for an hour at our local, understaffed post office (where certified letters end-up).

$20 (of the $80) was for the power-overage. I’ve had some ridiculous electric bills in the past, so I need to protect myself. Almost everyone stays under the limit and empathizes with this policy.

I’m so grateful that all my other guests are decent, honest, clean, cooperative, and respectful. They almost always mention how much they loved my place and their stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing