“Wanderlust Yoga Festival Oahu: Don't waste your money”
Review of Turtle Bay Beach

$449.00*
Oahu Day Trip: Pearl Harbor and North Shore Tour from Maui
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Kahuku
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Wanderlust yoga festival at Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu and was sadly disappointed. Don't waste your money or time. You'd be better off just taking a yoga class at a studio and then enjoying your time on the beach. The Yoga and Creativity class by Amanda Giocomini and DJ Yogi was thoughtless and energy flow all over the place. Her cues were ambiguous, sequences uneven on each side and seemed thrown together. It was more of a plug to buy her own art than a class in creativity. The Backbend Clinic by Yoko Fugiwara was more of a lecture where she read from notes and we did a total of 2 postures in an hour and a half. I thought a yoga festival would be geared towards yogis of all levels since I know alot of teachers including myself go as students but it was sadly more like amateur hour and shopping. I will definitely be back to Hawaii but never again will I waste my money on a Wanderlust festival!

3  Thank JackyEva

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We did not enjoy this beach, the water was so murky....we packed it in and rode bikes up and down the beach instead.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Clean and we even saw monk seals! Snorkeling was a blast, even got to see a turtle! Snorkeling is included in your resort fee so take advantage of it!

1  Thank Sean L
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My family recently visited Turtle Bay In January and it was so beyond perfect. Like a getaway from a getaway. The beach is perfect for kids because the water isn't rough and its great for snorkeling. We saw four sea turtles just swimming along the shore! Make Turtle Bay your destination for the North Shore.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This beach has it all: swimming, snorkeling, water sports, a restaurant on one side and on the other side is snorkeling, turtle watching and privacy.