“turtle bay resort horseback riding”

Turtle Bay Resort Horse Riding
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Kahuku
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: While you could certainly hike along these trails, there's something special about exploring this exquisite oceanfront setting high in the saddle. Experience the majestic natural beauty of Oahu's North Shore while horseback riding at Turtle Bay Resort. A picturesque trek along trails tucked within this 850-acre resort is a great way to enjoy the area's spectacular beaches, tropical forests and sandy coastline. Group trail rides, evening rides, sunset jaunts and private outings are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 4, 2013

christine and vera were such good guides. felt safe with them especially with my 82 year old mom and 11 year old(first time for her). 45 min ride--small group. my horse willie was mellow and well behaved. cruised along the beach but not on. passed kawela bay and back. fed the horses apples. guides were so nice to offer taking pics w/ our phones.

All reviews
"trot and canter"
in 5 reviews
"amazing sunset"
in 4 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 7 reviews
"riding levels"
"beautiful scenery"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

had a very nice experience horseback riding at turtle bay on the beach. Vera & Caroline were very organized & kept the horses in line. they were knowledgable about the land & very friendly. horses look well taken care of, so different from when I was there, 28 yrs ago.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my very first horseback riding experience, we took the sunset tour, Danny & Carlos were the best guide, my husband's horse name was Shania and I rode Hoku..I was told she was the typical horse that goes back and forth but that night she was quiet and very calm. The tour took us to a WWII bunker, the banyan trees that were 300 years old and were also used when they filmed the tv series "LOST" Im a LOST fan so to me that was so cool to know, our guide even pointed out the exact location where the plane crashed in that tv series, our guides took turn taking pictures so make sure you either have a phone or a small camera with you.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I took the late morning trail ride. It was a very slow paced ride w/ great guides along the coast and thru the "Lost" forest. Definitely recommend it for 1st time riders but not for regular riders. Very expensive though!