“Something great for everyone!”
Review of Kahuku Grill

Kahuku Grill
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Seven Brothers "at the mill" is located at the historical Kahuku Sugar Mill. From the street you can see a large wheel that was part of the old mill. When entering the parking lot to the right there is a gas station. Parking can be found on at the curb in front of the large wheel and to the left of the entrance. The restaurantl is right behind the big sugar mill "wheel". Hope to see you soon.
Sunset Beach, Hawaii
“Something great for everyone!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been getting fantastic meals from Kahuku Grill since they opened several years ago. The Managaement/Owner is often there and he always shakes my hand. I planned our Cowboy Christmas there. The gals wanted to do something different. They set up tables for us and we could relax in our boots and spurs, enjoyed great food,did not have to fuss over one bill at the end of our party, and then hit the trails. Also I call them from the ranch, 5 minutes away, order, and my dinners are ready when I get there. Never ever got home with the wrong order. I have a hungry husband and when I consider take home I remember how heavy the dinners weighed in the bag. These meals are hearty! Kahuku Grill has the most options of anywhere on their menu. The prices are overly fair! When a visitor to our Islands ask me for a suggestion...This is where I send them. Even thou many want the shrimp experience! So many shrimp trucks... Kahuku Grill has THE best shrimp dinners of all!...Go straight from the beach, or ranch, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. People choosing to dine there are chattering about there island experiences and happiness in the air! Burgers, YOU will never find a better burger and boy do they have a huge variety to choose from!!! Five Stars and two thumbs up from the Cowgal!

Saint Charles, Missouri
“a little bit of Heaven”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While visiting the North Shore on Oahu we decided we were hungry and need food. We were looking for something small and local, no fast food. Using our Oahu "Blue Book" we found several that looked interesting.Our problem was I wanted shrimp and she chicken. Most of the roadside restaurants and food trailers were fish only. After several exploratory stops we found Hahuka Grill and never regretted it. The coconut shrimp was the best I ever had. It came with an ginger type dip which made it even better, My wife had a cheeseburger that she said was juicy, hot and great.
Our bill was about $18.00 which is cheap in Hawaii. Service was order sit down and they would bring it to you.

• Visited May 2013
New Mexico
“One of the Best of the Best eateries on east side North Shore, Oahu”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We are here on Oahu staying on the east coast North Shore in Punaluu for a full month. During this time we have tested and enjoyed some eateries and have been disappointed in other restaurants. The Kahuku Grill was excellent and if you are this way on the island, be sure to plan a lunch or dinner here. It's not fine dining, buy has a surf atmosphere, relaxing, causal, low key and very good food at great prices for Hawaii. We have passed the Kahuku Grill many times during our stay to beaches located on the North Shore. Today we stopped for lunch. The grill is located on Route 83, just north of Laie. It is located at an old sugar mill location and across from the Laie Community Center. It is well marked and easy to find. We walked out of our car and immediately liked the place. You order at a window, pay at the window, cash or credit card. Our greeter and waitress today was Natalie, who was very friendly and really nice. We were greeted with a great big smile. Natalie took the order, 2 KG Cheeseburger Combo's and a drink which she immediately stated was re-fillable. She took our order on a iPad device, ran our credit card and emailed us the receipt. Modern technology at it's best. She provided us with a counter card number #32 which was our order number. We sat inside, filled up our cup for a diet coke and soon, here came Natalie delivering our order. All burgers are 1/4 lb. and served with lettuce and other toppings. Melted American cheese flowed from the bun like lava from a volcano. Each burger is hand pattied, and NOT a frozen round piece of meat. It was fresh, made to order. The best thing was the fresh cut potatoe fries. The potatoes are hand cut to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch, round, then deep fried and seasoned to perfection. The burger combo is served in a basket with fries and a rich thick special sauce of some kind which was great for dipping the deep fried spuds. Ketchup is also available. It was a good lunch, a quality burger, good music and friendly service. 2 cheeseburger combos and one drink, tax and tip ....just about $18.00. For Hawaii this was very reasonable for the quality of food and service Sit inside or eat out under an umbrella and fresh sea breeze. Kahuku Grill is not a tourist trap, and you can expect to get a good lunch or dinner, friendly service, all at a reasonable price. Don't miss it. We are so glad we stopped. Several photos are attached that I personally took today. Rating a 10 out of 10 for quality, freshness of food, and friendly service. Atmosphere is Hawaii and what you might expect.

Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing Burgers and Homefries”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this little square for gas. The Kahuku Grill is hidden sort of to the left and behind the convenience store and coffee shop. I would have missed it and ended up eating crappy gas station food if I hadn't been looking for the restroom. The service was excellent. The fries were heavily seasoned with herbs, and maybe garlic salt. Everyone in our group of five LOVED the fries but I could see how some might find them over seasoned. They came with some thousand island dressing for a dipping sauce but also have ketchup and mustard available. A side of fries is enough for 3 people. The burgers were HUGE 4 oz patties with lots of lettuce, grilled onions, a large fresh tomato, cheese and thousand island dressing. They have many other options for fixings such as blue cheese, bacon, or avocado. The patties were unbelievably flavorful. Easily the best burger I've ever had.

Tacoma, Washington
“WORLD'S BEST BURGER”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really mean "world's BEST burger"!! I was simply blown away with the "cowboy". This cheeseburger is a BBQ version of a pineapple, jack cheese, 3/4lb. monstrosity with homespun BBQ sauce, bacon and a quarter head of lettuce that you can EAT forever!! It's a non-stop feast that you never want to end. The fries were possibly GREAT but I simply can't remember 'cuz I was in Heaven after the first bite. I only want to go back to Hawaii for ONE main reason...another "cowboy" burger...at Kahuku Grill. It's unforgettable, no kidding. This is a MUST stop over in a very remote part of Oahu well beyond the Polynesian Cultural Center location in Leiea (sp?). ALOHA.

• Visited July 2013