“Excellent and personalized customer service”

Coastal Kayak Tours
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Dave and his crew at Coastal Kayak Tours are just what you are looking for IF you want personalized and excellent customer service. We were looking for a trip "off the beaten path" and preferably not sharing our experience with a hoard of other kayakers. Dave was quick to respond to my email, answer my questions and schedule a tour based on our abilities and experience. I was so amazed when he explained each tour is exclusive to your group - talk about a personal experience! We were geared up and ready to go the morning of our trip and it was a downpour with lots of wind. The office called to cancel our trip. Unfortunately we had to leave the following day and couldn't reschedule. What happened next completely surprised me - his office person told me she was sending us a refund for our trip. The check almost beat us home! This isn't my first rodeo so I expected the trip to continue and likely be a miserable experience or a partial refund in a month or later. These folks are honest, out to please and truly understand customer service. It would have been easy for them to keep the trip scheduled, collect the money and call it good - instead they handled it with integrity. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and myself went on a 7 hour kayak tour with Coastal Kayak and loved it. We paddled at our own pace, saw sea turtles, and even a whale. There were two breaks at the beach for snacks and lunch. We would definitely use them again!

2  Thank patamy013
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Dave is a great guide and source of information on the fish, surf breaks, and reefs of the North Shore. We had a beautiful half-day of fishing where launched at dawn and fished our way to Haleiwa with the trade winds at our backs. We caught a variety of hard-fighting and great-eating fish that Dave carefully handled in ice-filled soft coolers. I learned the basics of kayak fishing and can't wait for my next trip. Probably the best lunch (kahlua pork sandwiches) I have ever had on a fishing trip, by the way!

1  Thank jsh464
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Costal Kayak Tours has several kayak tours available. We picked the 5 hour to China Man's Hat. Our guide, David, typically does smaller groups, so it was just my husband and I which we loved. We met at the beach close to China Man's hat and kayaked out. We wanted to hike, so we went around the island and then to the top. You need to be an experienced hiker with good shoes and gloves to do this, but the view from the top was spectacular. We swam for a break and did some Kayak surfing and back to the beach for a great, light lunch. Then back out to do some more Kayak surfing on some bigger waves and some snorkeling. The greatest part about this trip was that it's completely customizable to what you want to do and to your experience level. Kayaks were great and they had coolers with drinks and snacks. You'll want board shorts and a lot of sunscreen or SPF shirt, also water shoes and a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses with croakies. A water camera is a must. David was very knowledgable about the area and very easy going, totally open to our interests. Trina stayed at the beach so lunch would be ready when we were and the conversation was great. If we ever get back to Hawaii we'll definately go back and see them.

1  Thank mortondt
Reviewed December 25, 2009

Probably one of the best tours I have been on. The personal touch was really special from the pickup to the dropoff. The viewing of the whales was one of the most exciting things that I have done. To be within feet (5) of the whales on the ocean in a kayak was great. The food was really good, with the fresh tuna, poke salid. Again the personal touch of where the best water is really critical. You won't be disapointed.

1  Thank purhtraveler