“Fresh and very tasty!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Fernie, Canada
“Fresh and very tasty!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Small place but generous potions and everything we had was super fresh and really really good.
The coconut shrimp was most flavourful I have had, the Ono, ahi and Teri chicken were all fantastic as well, and the salad they serve on the side was fantastic. Definitely recommend this place

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank erinarmstrong

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Dreaming of the food right now”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our first day on the North Shore. I was in the mood for something fresh and tasty after getting off the airplane and ordered the luau salad with chicken. I'm drooling just thinking of it. They use local greens and local yummy papaya seed dressing then topped it with a generous sized portion of terriaki chicken. My parents got the grilled ahi which came with two scoops of BROWN rice (huge bonus) and a pretty large side salad which was just like mine. I'm definitely looking forward to returning to eat here again later in the trip. It was laid back and casual but still tasty!!!

1 Thank safarigahry
Honolulu, Hawaii
“YUMMY Food”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I used to cook. Okay, I cook all the time, but I mean professionally, from 3000 people a day to about 500, depending on where I was. So I can take food very seriously. I also understand that no one can ever stand up to my sanitation expectations, so when it comes to local holes-in-the-wall like Grass Skirt, I'll let the cramped, hot kitchen slide. Reason: I didn't get sick. I'm susceptible to getting sick.

(Ask Paradise Cafe at Ala Moana. They seemed clean, but something about them, and the food...anyway. Sick the rest of the day. Moving on.)

Grass Skirt Grill is amazing local food with a fantastic smell as you pull into their little parking lot in back. These are little shops, so take it easy; it's a chill little town. Great stroll into this tiny place after a long day at the beach. Quaint, simple menu (always a sign of a good restaurant), and fresh ingredients. The two minutes I stood in line peeking into their kitchen, I noted a lot of organic (?) stuff. (They also keep their trash receptacle far away from the restaurant, like they should. 50ft is the requirement mainland, have no clue what it is here.) Can't remember the service; was too busy drooling over the thought that I was about to have an ahi burger. My husband got the coconut shrimp. Prices are reasonable considering it's seafood. My son, two years old, liked it. And, again, I did not get sick. Big plus!!! Great portions too; not too small or large. I usually eat small, but maaannn....I wanted that whole burger. It happened.

I'd give it a five, but some people just can't deal with small spaces, and even the seating outside is cramped. During busy hours, it was difficult not to run into someone. I also don't recommend sitting here with small children, like I did, because they can be a handful; it's a crowded, small space, and the road is right there by the place. What if your kid gets away from you and they don't know any better? I'd hate to think what would happen. But I'm blessed with a kid who was more entertained by smearing his nose and hands on their freshly-cleaned window than running away from me, and into the street. .......O_O

• Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Absolutely fantastic fish!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The fish served at this little restaurant is absolutely first rate! We stopped here for lunch and braved a small crowd at this tiny little eatery. With the very first bite of my fish sandwich, I knew I had discovered a seafood eater's paradise. They were out of Mahi Mahi but were offering Hebi which is a Hawaiian billfish similar to a small Marlin. The flavor, quality and tremendous freshness were truly stunning. Afterwards, I returned to the ordering counter to leave an extra tip. I told the attendant that the fish tasted like it was caught that morning. Her reply..."It was!" She said the staff purchases their fish each morning from fishermen every day hours before the restaurant opens. At lunch, they serve fish that was caught tat morning. This was one of the best fish meals I've ever had.

• Visited March 2014
Tucson, AZ
“Great little north shore place”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Pros far outweigh cons: fresh seafood, excellently prepared;relatively reasonable pricing;unique atmosphere;friendly service;cons:no alcohol sold on site, bathroom is this side of an atrocity;limited seating.

Visited April 2014