“Don't pass this place up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grass Skirt Grill - CLOSED

Grass Skirt Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
“Don't pass this place up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ate at this quaint little local grill on our last day on Oahu. Friendly, fast service. Ate outside, not much room inside & who wants to eat indoors anyway! They have a few tables & chairs out front under a covered area, where you can take in the view, people watch and enjoy the food. Best plate lunch on the North Shore. I had the terryaki chicken with rice/ salad. OMG! Can I just say YUM! It really was excellent. Wish I could show you a the photo I took of my plate lunch- prices very reasonable. Don't pass this up this little local gem! Also: the grill is Rachel Rae recommended! ,

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Silicon Valley
“Best coconut shrimp ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit since 2012. Food is amazing. There is no real seating and you would not think the place is putting out the quality of food that it does.

We had the coconut shrimp and chicken teriyaki plate and both were excellent!

Cash only so leave the credit cards at home.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while driving around the North Shore for the day. We stumbled upon the Grass Skirt Grill and are so glad we did. All three of us loved our lunch, super fresh and clearly made with care. I had the portobello palate and the veggies tasted just picked from the garden. Met the owner too, he was very nice and friendly adding to the already happy atmosphere. Small cute local joint.

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Plate Lunches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Soooooo good. Go here. Fresh, amazing fish. The pork was fantastic. Delicious fresh food, probably the best meal we had on the island.

Visited June 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious food in Halewia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were recommended this restaurant by a local and we weren't disappointed! I had the seared ahi plate and my husband had the kalua pork plate (around $15 a plate). The owner was incredibly friendly and the service was quick. The seating is pretty limited but there are gorgeous views of the mountains at the outside tables. The portions are large and the food is tasty. Definitely worth a stop if you are in Halewia!

• Visited July 2013