“Great Hawaiian food!”

Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
“Great Hawaiian food!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Kids had the hot dogs, we had the plate dinners. Excellent food! Hubby says to get the terriyaki cheese fries. I was thrilled to get a yummy salad with my terriyaki chicken. ;) Owner seems to really love what he does! Tell him you saw this on Tripadvisor!

• Korean first
Ramona, CA/Lake Havasu City,AZ
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

You can't go wrong when you see the local Law Enforcement eating in there everyday. Our daughter recommended the Ahi so we went there specifically for that. We walked in and saw a sign that said No Ahi. My wife had teriyaki chicken and I had kalua pig. Both were very good but the teriyaki cheese fries were outstanding. If the ahi is as good as I hear it is this place should warrant a 5 rating. I'll change it after I have the Ahi.

Visited February 2013
Sacramento, California
“A do not miss experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We found Grass Skirt Grill on our last visit to Oahu a few years back and were looking forward to eating there again on this visit. We were not disappointed. The ahi burger was just as delicious. The portion is thick and the taro bun had a sweetness to it that complimented the ahi. The garlic fries could have used a little more garlic sauce. My friend took a little of the sauce and added it to her fried calamari. That completed the taste. We'll continue to make this a part of our unforgettable Hawaii experience.

• Visited February 2013
Los Alamitos
“I Never Miss a Meal Here”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have a timeshare on Oahu and travel here often. When I do, I never miss a meal at Grass Skirt, there is nothing like it. Of course it looks like a hole in the wall, but it's in the middle of a very quaint little town so sit out on the patio, relax and soak up the local color while you eat the most simple but fresh meal you will eat on the Island. There may be a few flies but that's part of the reality there, just brush them away... there aren't too many.
Why eat here? There is something to be said for super fresh food cooked just right without too much fru-fru and complication. The fish is "catch of the day" as the owner goes to the wharf every morning to select the best of what he can find. The veggies and greens come from their own garden as much as possible. They offer brown rice which if anyone reads my reviews, is much appreciated. I hate white rice. Everything tastes like the thing that it is and nothing else, i.e. mixed greens bursting with garden freshness, light fish with that ocean freshness but not fishy and cooked to perfection, and simple sauces that compliment everything. You will get a full plate that will satisfy but not stuff you. After eating this you feel so healthy and good that you just want to jump in the ocean for a long swim or go for a major hike.
Make sure to chat with the owners, they have a great story about how they changed their lifestyle and relocated to the Island. It is inspirational; a transition from a complex stress filled mainland life to simple Island life of feeding the body and the soul.

• Visited August 2012
Reno
“Great food for lunch”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place is literally a "hole in the wall".They only take cash,but it is so worth the trouble to go to the bank ahead of time.It is slightly hidden behind the VW bus parked outside so you have to look close or you'll miss it.Most of the seating is outside.This is what they call a "plate lunch",get the Teriyaki Chicken with mac salad and rice,you won't regret it ,so good!

• Visited May 2012