“Best burgers in Hawaii!”
Review of Kua Aina Sandwich

Kua Aina Sandwich
Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Since there are no In and Outs here, Kua Aina is a great substitute except the prices. If you don't mind paying $8 for a tasty burger that isn't made from questionable meat, this is your spot! Much better than Teddy's!!!

1  Thank Barbisurf

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Whenever I asked anyone on Oahu where to grab a great burger on the North Shore, the recommendation was ALWAYS instant - "Kua Aina."

I went one day for lunch and got a cheeseburger and fries, and they were absolutely delicious, and priced quite reasonably for Hawaii. You have a choice of sizes, a choice of cheeses, and of course toppings. Burgers are all made to order, so you'll have to wait a bit longer than at a fast food place, but the wait is well worth it.

Note that they cook all burgers medium by default, so if you like your burgers "no pink" be sure to SPECIFY "well done."

The only issue I had is I specifically ordered a CHEESEburger, but the cashier entered it as a HAMBURGER. When I got my burger and it had no cheese, I brought it to their attention and was rudely told "You PAID for a HAMburger" and they refused to even start putting cheese on it until I went back into the line and paid the $.40 upcharge for cheese.

I have no issues in paying for what I ordered, but they could have been a bit nicer rather than imply that I hadn't ordered a cheeseburger in the first place - but I guess a bit of that is to be expected in a busy surf town at lunch.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a hamburger shop. A bit more upscale than a mega fast food outlet. The burgers are tasty - the fries are perfect. Burgers run about $9 by the time you get them the way you want them. But, hey, this is Hawaii. Looking for a good solid burger? This is the place to stop.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Best burgers in town. Also very reasonable prices. Great portions for the price..only order the large fries if you are very hungry. The small fries are very big ( as are the burgers).

Reviewed January 17, 2013

All the reviews are right about this place! So glad we stopped by for sure! Great burgers and fries! Awesome bacon burgers with tons of avocado? Enjoy!

Been to Kua Aina Sandwich? Share your experiences!