“Oh my that rice!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Original Shrimp Truck Since 1993
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The garlic shrimp was great as advertised, but the rice was shockingly delicious! Mind you, it was likely drenched in garlic and butter, but still! I would order that rice alone if I could.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for the great review and we are happy you enjoyed the experience at the shrimp truck.. The rice is amazing when the sauce is poured over it and settles... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future...

808-293-1839

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

It was very delicious until last year. But, it was not delicious this year. Because it was not freshly made. I don't go anymore.

いろいろ食べ歩き、ここが一番気に入っており毎年訪問するのを楽しみにしていました。
今年は12時前にもかかわらずガラガラでへんだなと思って、それでもすいていてラッキーと思って食べました。
出てきたのはいつもの出来たてではなく、なんか作り置きを盛っただけようなパンチのない味でした。

それでも味付けはいままでと変わらないのでへんだと思いながらまあおいしく食べきることが出来ました。

昔のジョバンニが食べたいけどもう無理なんでしょうかね。
数をこなす為作り置きするようになってしまっ残念です。

もういかないと思います。

1  Thank jntrsnd

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel the shrimp is fresh anymore.. I can assure you that it is made the same as last year... We hope that you will visit us again to see.. Take care..

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

After all the hype and buildup about this place, my wife and I decided to drive out and experience it for ourselves. Of all the food trucks Giovanni's was the most populated. Lots of folks in line waiting to order and pick up. You could sense a lot of anticipation in the air fueled by the garlic being sautéed. I was truly hoping this to be one of the more memorable culinary moments of my life, however it went south as soon as we took our first bite. Having tried the garlic shrimp from one of the fellow competitors down the road we expected the same level of freshness and execution at Giovanni's. Overall this is not a finished product that starts with the freshest ingredients. Also, it is not a dish that is very complicated to produce and therefore should not cut corners. As someone in the culinary field all I can say is thumbs down to the owner. You can and should do better. To charge customers that much and cut corners... it's a matter of time before it all catches up with you.

2  Thank Paul O

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience at the location... Coming from a culinary background, I would love to get some feedback.. What do you think we could do better in the future to improve the customer experience? Look forward to hearing back from you..

info@giovannisshrimptruck.com

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Omg I LOVE geovannis shrimps trucks so yum ... Some of the other shrimp trucks give u fruit with ya plate geos doesn't but it's definitely the most tastiest... They are all good tho. I love the garlic butter plate and add hot sauce! Ducks nuts so good! Ha and I ran into Chris Brown aka Bondi Vet!! Can't escape the awesome Australians they are everywhere ;)

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for the great review and for being loyal to us while on the north shore... We are happy you enjoy the food and the experience at the shrimp truck and hope to see you again in the future...

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The shrimp was OK. Nothing to write home about. The scampi was better than the lemon garlic. You eat outside at a picnic table. Way too many food trucks in this area.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for giving us a chance, but sorry you felt it was only an ok experience.. Do you have any advice on how to make us better in the future? Tal to you soon..

808-293-1839

Been to Giovanni's Shrimp Truck? Share your experiences!