“Shrimp Scampi was excellent!!! Best food I ever had from a truck.”

Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Original Shrimp Truck Since 1993
Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you saw this place driving by you might not give it a second thought. I know I wouldn't but I would have been doing myself a disservice cause the food is so good. The garlic in the scampi is perfect. Keep in mind it is so fresh you will be peeling of the shells and removing the legs which part of the fun. Then dig in and it is a great meal. If you happen by this place do yourself a favor and stop by. I highly recommend.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Looks are deceiving I guess.. Thank you for giving us a chance and happy you enjoyed the food at the location.. We have made many changes over the years, but not our look which we love... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future...

808-293-1839

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

North shore is all about the laid back experience. GO EAT HERE! leave your pretentions at home and go enjoy this amazing food! The shrimp are fantastic. Order a plate, plump yourself down at one of the picnic tables, and enjoy. You won't be sorry!

Happy that you lived like a local on your vacation... I's all about the sun, beach, drinks, shrimp, sunsets and relaxation... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future..

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My daughter is a gluten-free pescetarian, which can be tricky when it comes to finding places to eat. Luckily, she loves shrimp and she adores garlic, so after reading about this place online, I had it on our "must-visit" list for our recent trip to Oahu. All four of us loved the garlic shrimp plate! My son asked if I would please make rice like that in the future as he adored all the garlic on top. I would normally hesitate to eat seafood from a truck, but Giovanni's was great. The kids are already asking when we can go back to Hawaii so they can get "shrimp truck" again. Hahaha.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for the great review and for giving us a chance.. We are happy your daughter enjoyed the shrimp and that your family had a great experience on the north shore... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future..

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was a must when we heard all the great reviews. I cant eat seafood so I got the garlic hot dog- my boyfriend got the scampi. About 45 minutes after ordering we got our food- waited and searched for somewhere to sit .. he devoured his food! His only issue was that the shells are left on; so its messy and all the garlic is taken off with the shell. My issue- my garlic on my hot dog and on my rice had shrimp shells ! so I couldnt eat it. To sum up... if you love shrimp- go for it. I would have liked (and appreciated) if they kept the hot dogs and some garlic away from the seafood :(

Thank you for the great review and feedback as well on your experience at the location... We love to hear back from our customers so we may improve the food, service and location... Enjoy the island...

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fun place to stop and get a delicious plate of garlic shrimp and rice. Plan to spend some time waiting in line to order and for your food. You're in Hawaii, so who wouldn't want to relax and catch some sun? There are some other tents set up selling souvenirs which are fun to look at.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for the great review and happy you enjoyed the location... We are working on a larger truck to speed p the process and hope to have it in the near future.. Enjoy the island..