“It was not bad”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Original Shrimp Truck Since 1993
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to shrimp shack (another food truck) earlier and i can really taste the fresh shrimp. Giovanni's was ok but i only taste garlic and sauce.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance and happy you enjoyed the garlic sauce... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future..

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Before I came out to oahu this was a must try for me along with the yellow shrimp shack truck on the other side of the island. Between the two of them Giovanni's shrimp scampi is a clear winner. Sooo delicious I ordered two plates the second time I went. (I drive far out of my way to eat there) the shrimp shack was disappointing because the shrimp was not deveined and you pretty much have to eat the shrimps crap along with your meal! Gross!

Thank you for the great review and for giving us a chance while on the island... We are happy you enjoyed the experience at the shrimp truck and hope to see you again in the future... Take care..

Reviewed August 26, 2013

So this is like the must try recommended by everyone visited Oahu. We drive a long way to haunt this truck vendor down. Apparently the truck stayed at the same location everyday. There are few table seatings. The garlic shrimp was good but the place is not sanitize at all. There are hundreds of flies circling the shrimp truck and free running cocks trying to fight each other. We took our food to go...

I am glad I finally get to try this place on my forth trip to Oahu. But I won't come back again. The wait its about 30 minutes under the scorching sun and fly army,

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for the great review and for giving us a chance... We are sorry about the wait and the flies... They are both problems we are always working on improving and hope do better in the future... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future..

Reviewed August 22, 2013

As I am writing this I am drooling! I have been here 3 times in our last 3 trips to Hawaii and we are going in October and I can't wait to get back to Giovanni's! Whenever we go to Oahu we rent a car for the day and drive to the North Shore stopping at the Dole Factory on the way, but all the while I am looking forward to lunch at Giovanni's which is always the highlight of the day trip to the North Shore! By far the best shrimp I have ever had and we love it! I will have to bring my Sharpie this time as we have yet to sign the truck! Love Giovanni's and if I ever get my wish to live on Oahu, I would be in heaven to be able to eat here more often!

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Best shrimp ever.... What a great compliment... We thank you for the great review and are happy you enjoyed it... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future...

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Recommended by almost anyone of the locals in the island...just off the side of the road, easy to park, easy to order, adn really tasty meal to top off while cruising on the north side of Oahu.

Love the title of your review... What more can you ask for when getting a meal... Thank the local for us and hope to see you again in the future... Enjoy the island...