“Suzie is the best teacher; Haleiwa the best location to learn”

Sunset Suzy's Surf School
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.00*
and up
Surf Lessons on the North Shore of Oahu
New York....
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Suzie is the best teacher; Haleiwa the best location to learn”
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Four old guys, ages 51 to 62, wanted to learn to surf outside of the heavy traffic on Waikiki's waves. So I called Suzie. She guided us in to a great quiet place in Haleiwa bay where there were as many turtles as people and where the waves were perfect for us. We were soon standing up and riding in this beautiful, unfrenzied setting. Suzie was always upbeat and offering both technical instruction and lots of encouragement. And she was not watching the clock at all. After about 2 1/2 hours in the water riding wave after wave, I finally said--"Okay, I think one more and we're done." I think she would have been fine if we had wanted to continue for another hour.

2 Thank htrNewYork_

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day of surfing!”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Before our recent family vacation to Hawai'i, I wanted to find just the right surfing instructor for our children. I cam across Sunset Suzy quite by accident and I am so thankful I did! After looking over her website and talking with her a bit, we signed up for lessons and couldn't wait to meet her. The experience was terrific! The kids were riding waves in no time and had the time of their lives. Suzy is so personable, engaging and obviously loves to surf and share her love with others. We're so glad we found her and would highly recommend her to anyone who would like to catch a few waves on the North Shore!

1 Thank NYLisaC
New York, NY
“The perfect vacation!”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I recently got back from Suzy's surf camp and it was exactly what I needed! She is a great instructer and now I am addicted to surfing. I will definitely be going back :)

1 Thank nlc1120
Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Day with Sunset Suzy”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Suzy was wonderful. We're a family of five and she got us all up and surfing the first time we tried. She really gave us a perfect day, in a beautiful place - it was one of the highlights of our recent trip to Oahu - worth every penny! Thanks Suzy!!!

1 Thank pathannah
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surf lessons on oahu with sunset suzy were fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My son and I took a lesson with Suzy back in April and had a fantastic time. Suzy was a great teacher and made our experience unforgetable. She started us on small waves and as we got more comfortable she asked if we wanted to try some bigger waves. The decision was all ours...well, my sons anyway. Safety was always top of mind with Suzy and we just had a blast. After returning home and seeing the pictures that my wife had taken you could see the huge smile that Suzy had everytime we got up on the board. You can tell Suzy loves what she does and it shows in her lessons. I would recommend lessons with Suzy to anyone!

1 Thank stlpeterson