“Sunset Suzy great with kids and beginners”

Sunset Suzy's Surf School
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.00*
and up
Surf Lessons on the North Shore of Oahu
Golden Gate, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunset Suzy great with kids and beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just came back from a family reunion and Sunset Suzy took our novice surfers and kids for their first lesson. She was excellent working with all ages from 5 to 60+. Everyone had a great time and we highly recommend Suzy and her team. Added bonus, she has great dogs that love to play in the surf!

Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“BEST surf experience ever x2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I never write reviews... Never! But since this is my second time with Suzy I felt we had too.
We had 4 kids ages 9-4 the first time 2 years ago and this time brought along a couple of friends - so 6 kids today ages 11-5. Suzy and her team are phenomenal. We had kids surf alone with her help and several of them surf tandem with instructors! They are all incredibly wonderful with kids and made sure our kids had a blast!! thank you for the best time in Hawaii. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! PS -- We love the doggies too! Thanks for bringing them again!

Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Totally amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of let me say I am a researcher before my family takes on new adventures. I almost research and compare companies to death. I contacted Suzy via email prior to our trip and she immediately responded and was extremely positive and professional. We had a group of 8 wanting to take surfing lessons ages 8 yrs old to 45 years old. We did wait until we arrived to actually book the lessons and she was still positive and professional.

Upon arrival to the beach location we were greeted with smiles and excitement from all the staff. 4 instructors. First came on-land instructions as well as one on one help until we looked like pros on land. :). Next the staff all assisted us into the water to practice a few moves prior to heading out into the surf zone. Again careful attention was given to us all, especially the 5 kids (ages 8, 10, 11, 11, 15). Then off to the surf zone.

Never did I imagine how well this would work out. Their system of managing 9 first time surfers was amazing. The kids were up and surfing on their first tries. The instructors watched the adults closely and helped us fine tune our skills and within our 2nd and 3rd attempts we were all surfing. Success!!! Did I mention we surfed at 1:00 and the currents we pulling pretty strong.

But none of this meant more to me than the way this amazing staff watched out after all the kids. Never once did one of the kids surf in that an instructor wasn't right behind them helping the paddle back to the group. As a parent I was never worried about their safety. The instructors took time to get to know us all. It's was an amazing experience. Hands down this was the highlight of our trip on Oahu!!!

So researchers, look no further. If you plan to surf while visiting Oahu Sunset Suzy is the ONLY option you need to know. Thanks Suzy and gang for a totally amazing day!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie W
Montreal, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great time, the instructor is great, nice and helpful (Broc) a real pro. I got up!!! I do recommend semi private if you are a couple, you get enough time to really learn. If you are not in shape start slow, exhausting sport!

Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of the trip and some of the most fun I've ever had on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were in Oahu for 12 days. Surfing was a dream of mine and this lesson was bang on. My girlfriend and I were met by Matt (Suzy's brother) and he proceeded to teach the both of us the basics of surfing. They use a little shallow bay in Haleiwa where people learn to surf and to SUP. It is really non-threatening. We had a great time and the instructions were clear and straightforward. The gear was provided. Matt towed us at first and "pushed" us onto the proper waves and eventually let catch the waves on our own while still helping out with "reading" the waves. This was a highlight of the whole trip and some of the most fun I've ever had on the water. Thank a lot!

Visited March 2014

Been to Sunset Suzy's Surf School? Share your experiences!