“Great stop off.”

North Shore Shave Ice
Ranked #8 of 12 Dessert in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Serving authentic Hawaiian Shave Ice out of a little converted mail truck. Located on the North Shore of Oahu. We are always on the famous North Shore beaches, you can find us at either Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, Pipeline and Ehukai beach park. Call the number to get the location!
Reviewed May 19, 2018

the kids were doing my head in driving so we stopped off around shark cove. found this shave ice place and thought ok. i got 2 for the kids to shut them up and ended up getting 1 for myself once i tried it. ice and flavour never tasted so good and it shut the kids up. thanks chick for saving my sanity. yummy

1  Thank Denny S

Reviewed December 14, 2017

We were on the north shore for a week and tried so many shaved ice's from lots of different places and they were the best by far from here!!

1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We ordered 3 shaved ice treats for our boys. They got one right, one missed his 2nd flavour and the other had no ice cream although ordered and paid for - once bought to their attention they did add the ice cream (after he shaved ice was half consumed and my son stated that he couldn't find the ice cream).

We then sat as a family next to the van serving shaved ice enjoying the view - the two young ladies working the van were having a good chat (out load) that we were privy to. Not a problem except for the swearing - I am not a princess but we don't need to hear the f bomb dropped through out a conversation.

Good shaved ice - suggest you take it away from the proximity of the van and make sure your order is properly fulfilled

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

My son and I each had a $4 rainbow shave ice here. Nothing like some artificial colouring, artificial flavouring and shaved ice. Delicious !

2  Thank SeanitoGuapo
Reviewed June 25, 2017

We rented snorkel equipment from the same caravan of businesses and received a free Shave Ice and Ice Cream. I had heard about this indulgent delicacy, but was hesitant. Oh man, try it! It was just delicius and was a large enough portion that my family of 3 could share it quickly before it melted in the June sun.
The young man running the truck was so personable and friendly. He carried on a conversation with my young son and answered all his questions with a smile on his face. This seems easy enough to do, but we all know that customer service is lacking in some places. Not here. We did not run into a single grumpy employee in this group of businesses. My husband and I were so impressed that I went and spoke to the owner myself. He takes great pride in hiring local kids and giving them guidance in business finesse, which has changed since I was in college. (years ago, lord, decades ago)
When we get back to Oahu, we will go back to these same business just because of the outgoing customer service we received.

1  Thank J H