“Don't let your fears define you!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Skydiving Center

Pacific Skydiving Center
Ranked #16 of 51 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the extreme West North Shore of Oahu, Pacific Skydiving Center is the most scenic Hawaii skydiving dropzone, conveniently located one hour from Waikiki.Join our experienced staff for an adventure you won't forget over the spectacular North Shore of Oahu! We welcome you every day from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm (later on weekends) weather permitting.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't let your fears define you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Being completely afraid of heights for many years, I've taken baby steps to over come that fear. Finally, last Friday I jumped out of a damn plane. Terrified at first but was too late to turn back. The first few seconds of free falling was something I've never experienced. Though I was not so graceful (with pictures to prove it) I felt safe with Manny being attached to me. The views are spectacular! The coast looks like a painting with the waves rolling in to the beach. The mountains never looked so clear. But it's not often you're just cruising at a 14,000 ft elevation. I'd do it again. Next trip for sure!!!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Miss_Blanko

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awful customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Made a reservation weeks ago and called ahead 1 day in advance and 1 hour ahead of making the long (1 hour drive) out to the center to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday today. Rather than them telling us that they were backed up for 3 hours due to inclement weather, they told us to come on out. We made the drive and upon arrival were rudely received at the check in desk. That's when they told is that we had a minimum 3 hours wait ahead of us, and that was only IF the weather cleared up. I told them that we had called ahead and had reservations, and all the lady said was that there wasn't anything she could (or rather would) do for us. The courteous thing to do would have been for them to tell us BEFORE we made the drive that they were keeping planes grounded for weather, and they were already hours behind with jumps! My boyfriend's birthday surprise was getting a rude greeting and bad news that he'd have to wait his entire birthday day out to see if we could jump. Bad on them for their terrible customer service.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Jaime T
Mumbai (Bombay), India
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“I did it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I did tandem divide. I was the first one out of the flight, before I realize anything I was out in the air. One minute free fall and five minute parachute ride, both are great. Free fall - thrill. Parachute ride will show you great views
Visited in Nov-10
Duration of visit: 3-4 hrs
How to reach?: They will provide pick-up
Can you take pictures?: Yes; you need to pay additional for photo and video

Visited November 2013
3 Thank SandeepKale
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I expected a lot more. Instead, I got to deal a company that's just average. And I agree with most of the poor and average reviews I read.

Bring friends and be ready to wait around for a long time. If the weather is not right, be ready to wait for hours and be told later that you can't jump. This is even after you call in the morning for a weather check, and they OK your pickup (this is the second confirmation you make at this point to a different phone number, by the way). "The weather came out of nowhere" is a line you may hear = half of your day is wasted. When I woke up and saw clouds, I was worried, but they said they would pick me up. OK then. I guess the weather is better on the other side of the island... wrong!

Moreover, one woman working there is a jerk. I overhead her saying something to the effect of her 'hating' when people call to inquire for information. If you hate it, leave. Or at least be more careful what you say around a facility filled with people waiting around to do nothing.

Lastly, the photos look better than videos. I noticed this in the video room.

1 Thank notted
Zurich, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Skydiving in Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked the evening before the jump. Booking goes as follows: Email, then call, and call again in the morning (too difficult for some people?). Pick-up in Waikiki was on time at 6:50. We filled in the 7-page waiver in the shuttle, so when we arrived at the airfield, we handed it in and could get on the next plane right away. The sky was menacingly cloudy (January is winter time). They are not allowed to go higher than the clouds, but luckily the pilot found a way up to 14000ft where everybody jumped.
The jump itself was absolutly amazing, especially the first seconds when you get sucked down with full gravity acceleration. You then reach a constant free fall speed before they pull the chute, then it's about 5 minutes down to the ground. Finally you pay (it was 130$ + tip since the instructors don't get paid), which is really cheap. You may consider getting photos/video, but that almost doubles the price since a photographer has to jump too.
We were done jumping at 9:30, while the shuttle back only leaves at 12:30... but luckily we could hitchhike back with some other jumpers.

Visited January 2014