“I did it”

Pacific Skydiving Center
Ranked #17 of 52 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the extreme West North Shore of Oahu, Pacific Skydiving Center is the most scenic Hawaii skydiving dropzone, conveniently located one hour from Waikiki.Join our experienced staff for an adventure you won't forget over the spectacular North Shore of Oahu! We welcome you every day from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm (later on weekends) weather permitting.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Mumbai (Bombay), India
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“I did it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I did tandem divide. I was the first one out of the flight, before I realize anything I was out in the air. One minute free fall and five minute parachute ride, both are great. Free fall - thrill. Parachute ride will show you great views
Visited in Nov-10
Duration of visit: 3-4 hrs
How to reach?: They will provide pick-up
Can you take pictures?: Yes; you need to pay additional for photo and video

Visited November 2013
3 Thank SandeepKale

• Korean first
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I expected a lot more. Instead, I got to deal a company that's just average. And I agree with most of the poor and average reviews I read.

Bring friends and be ready to wait around for a long time. If the weather is not right, be ready to wait for hours and be told later that you can't jump. This is even after you call in the morning for a weather check, and they OK your pickup (this is the second confirmation you make at this point to a different phone number, by the way). "The weather came out of nowhere" is a line you may hear = half of your day is wasted. When I woke up and saw clouds, I was worried, but they said they would pick me up. OK then. I guess the weather is better on the other side of the island... wrong!

Moreover, one woman working there is a jerk. I overhead her saying something to the effect of her 'hating' when people call to inquire for information. If you hate it, leave. Or at least be more careful what you say around a facility filled with people waiting around to do nothing.

Lastly, the photos look better than videos. I noticed this in the video room.

1 Thank notted
Zurich, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Skydiving in Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked the evening before the jump. Booking goes as follows: Email, then call, and call again in the morning (too difficult for some people?). Pick-up in Waikiki was on time at 6:50. We filled in the 7-page waiver in the shuttle, so when we arrived at the airfield, we handed it in and could get on the next plane right away. The sky was menacingly cloudy (January is winter time). They are not allowed to go higher than the clouds, but luckily the pilot found a way up to 14000ft where everybody jumped.
The jump itself was absolutly amazing, especially the first seconds when you get sucked down with full gravity acceleration. You then reach a constant free fall speed before they pull the chute, then it's about 5 minutes down to the ground. Finally you pay (it was 130$ + tip since the instructors don't get paid), which is really cheap. You may consider getting photos/video, but that almost doubles the price since a photographer has to jump too.
We were done jumping at 9:30, while the shuttle back only leaves at 12:30... but luckily we could hitchhike back with some other jumpers.

Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Once is Enough…High flying Daredevils”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were in Waikiki for my wifes' birthday celebration. Skydiving was on my daughters bucket list and while shopping she was offered a two for one coupon to Pacific Skydiving. She reserved a spot. The next morning we set out on our own and drove about an hour north, passing the Dole Pineapple plantation, farms and along the highways and byways to the other side of the Island. Two of us decided to take the jump. There were several folks waiting ahead of us for their turn. Following an orientation and safety checks, you are assigned to a tandem instructor/partner who lets you know what its all about, keeps you calm and gets you and your equipment ready. There is a snack truck and bathroom facilities available, go before you jump. The staff were young yet professional with many jumps to their credit. The facility seemed a bit disorganized to me. I chose not to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but my daughter and a friend stepped up and were brave, much more than I. They soon boarded the plane in a large field and took off. A about 15 minutes into their flight they jumped. Wow, it took a while for them to soar, dive and fly from the many thousands of feet into the air. Both landed safely with their eyes wide open. It took a while for them to calm down..They were presented with a photo souvenir (for purchase) and a certificate of participation to commemorate the jump. They both raved about the experience yet proclaimed, Once is enough, I won't do that again! What excitement. Someday I might try it myself….Go and Enjoy!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank mrmelemel
Atlanta, Georgia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent trip! Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Call ahead of time and possibly a few days in advance. The week that I was in Oahu they were booked for two days. I thought I was going to get delayed due to high winds but everything went as scheduled. There was actually a state safety inspector there while I was going through the safety training but no worries! Excellent jump (and landing). How can you go to North Shore and not do this!

Visited August 2013