“Tandem Skydive - Checkmark off the bucket list”

Pacific Skydiving Center
Ranked #23 of 61 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the extreme West North Shore of Oahu, Pacific Skydiving Center is the most scenic Hawaii skydiving dropzone, conveniently located one hour from Waikiki.Join our experienced staff for an adventure you won't forget over the spectacular North Shore of Oahu! We welcome you every day from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm (later on weekends) weather permitting.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Skydiving is something my daughter (21) and I have wanted to do for some time. We both enjoy doing things where we feel like we've accomplished something afterward. Tandem skydiving (strapped to an instructor) didn't give us that feeling. You are just along for the ride. I'm sure many of you are like us - nobody could have talked us out of doing it. Several people told us, bungy jumping is a bigger rush. We thought they were crazy but found out they were right. I have no interest in skydiving (especially tandem) again but my daughter says she'll try it again.
As for Pacific Skydiving, they are very popular. Given this, they had to keep things moving. I thought they did a good job with the flow and we seemed to get through the process in a reasonable amount of time, all things considering. Weather was a factor on the day we jumped. We didn't experience the rudeness others have commented on. But, we didn't get that personal touch. The instructors were nice enough and seemed competent.
We purchased pictures and video for my daughters jump. We were slightly disappointed. The pre-jump pics were blurry and she didn't get the amount of pre-jump video footage others received (don't know if this was due to editing or rushing because of weather). We still feel pics/video were a must have for her but just wish they would have been the quality of others we saw.
If you can, find your own mode of transportation. The van ride (provided) was as bad as I've experienced and we were rushed through the pic/video review and payment process. Others had to wait for several of us. I'm told you can sit around for a couple of hours waiting for a return ride.

Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a complete feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your photos and video and I would like the opportunity to make it right. Please contact me directly at 808.637.7472 so that I can review the quality of the pics/vid. Your satisfaction is our priority and we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Thank you for jumping out of an airplane with us!
Guy

in 15 reviews
"amazing shots"
"views are spectacular"

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was the only major thing I wanted to do in Hawaii at the time I first booked my trip! Skydive for the first time after wanting to do for about 25 years, I am 35 :) Anyway, this place will not disappoint if you have patience and the excitement of the jump in your mind! I booked a 10AM jump on a weekend but arrived earlier than that, around 8:30! Put my name into the list, signed my waivers, watched a movie and waited for my turn! I opted for the upgraded 15000 ft jump with the video/photo package, $365.00 in total!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! My jump "Master" was the handsome and funny, Manny!!! My photographer was Rob! Manny was great at making me laugh and showing me the basics! I will say that I was excited but very calm, never nervous! I thought Rob would take more random ground shots but he didn't, I could have easily asked as well! Anyway, about a 20 minute ride to jump level, we backflipped out of the plane, heck yeah! Free fall for 60 seconds which was great but my ears keep pressurizing, neutralize people, neutralize!! Once we spun, soared & posed for Rob, Manny pulled the rip cord and we glided down for 5 minutes! Adrenaline for 60 seconds, then Zen for 5 minutes over Northshore!!! AMAZING!!! I loved every minute of this adventure and aside from waiting a little, it's incredible! The people are fantastic and I would recommend it to EVERYONE who wants a great time skydiving!! I love my 5 minute Jump DVD as well! I did this jump on 6/17/2012

Reviewed June 10, 2012

To be honest when I began to research the best skydiving places in Oahu to go to for our 21 year old son, I almost didn't book with Pacific Skydive because of some of the reviews about "a rude French guy". But I took into considersation other positive reviews about the business and the fact that when I was ready to book, I didn't have to use a credit card to make the reservation online. You only have to use a credit card if you need transportation from Honolulu area by their van. Luckily we had a rental car and planned on driving around the north shore area after the jump. My reservation was confirmed twice before the day of our jump, and when we arrived everyone was nice. I did see three different French guys (they were speaking French) and they seemed find. One was a jumper and the other two looked like owners. They were many employees there to help with the jump and everything went without a hitch. My son was very happy with his experience, we purchased the DVD and Photo package along with the 14,000 feet jump which does give the jumper a slightly longer experience. The video was EXCELLENT! Very worth the high $$ we paid for film of jump. Will for sure be back next time we are in Hawaii.

1  Thank lisaviva
Guy B, Manager at Pacific Skydiving Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you very much for jumping with us and for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear your son had a great experience and hopefully you too will join us for a skydive the next time you visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'm alive and the experience was fun so this place gets 4 stars. I did not have an amazing experience or connection with anyone who worked there but everyone was friendly and like I said, experience was fun. They called me when they had to cancel and we lost our CC there; they called when they found it. I wouldn't expect this on a normal basis. I think it depends on how busy they are and who is working.

We had to reschedule our jump three times in one week. Weather is weather. So anyone complaining about waiting or rescheduling, etc. should consider this. There are signs all over that place warning people about waits and possible weather problems (specifically wind gusts). The owner can be pushy (even the skydiving instructors said this) and the place is a little unorganized (paperwork wise) but if you stay on top of things and keep a record of stuff (take a picture of the contract you sign, write down the jump you want on the contract, keep emails, VM, etc.) then you won't have a problem.

Guy B, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Skydiving Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you were patient with the weather and that you eventually got to jump with us. We take weather holds seriously - we do jump from airplanes after all!
I am sorry you felt a little bit pressured. We do have two jump altitudes and we sometimes get a little too excited when we talk about the longer skydive because we truly believe this is the best option. When experienced jumpers jump, they go above 14,000ft to maximize their experience and we want you to have the same opportunity.
Come back and see us again! Mahalo

See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I reserved a tandem jump at 14,000 feet online and also opted for the shuttle pick up. It says to call day of hour before you jump to confirm shuttle pick up. We call the day before, just to be safe talked to the infamous French guy (who isn't as bad as they say). But this is the only bad thing I can say, the day came for us to jump and we went to where we were told for pick up. 20 mins after not being picked up at the time we were supposed to I begin to worry we might not go. Luckily we see a guy come up with a pacific skydiving shirt on and he's there to pick up two other people not us, then we tell him our names and tells us we were supposed to be somewhere else. So I would just clarify with the french guy with things so there's not as much confusion. Now from here on everything got so much better. It was a gorgeous drive to the center from Waikiki. When we arrived they told us we were rushing to get us on the next plane so as soon as we walked in sat down went over price options. If you're going to do this I would spend the money for the jump at 14000 feet much more enjoyable. You fall for a minute compared to 15 seconds. From experience it's true what the lady says about the first 15 seconds not being too enjoyable because you're so disorientated and scared. But after those first 15 seconds you start enjoying it, having fun with it. I recommend trying to air swim =) Anyways do 14000 feet highly recommended and get the pics and DVD, they're very good quality and its so fun to show your family and friends. After lady goes over price options, we watch a very old video with a guy talking in there you can't even take seriously because he looks like an Amish field worker. It was very odd. After the video we had been at the center for about 30 mins before we were being suited up and meeting our instructors. It's about 20 seconds worth of instruction, you're really not doing too much. But they make you feel very safe, they have fun with you. I think it's all how your attitude is. My instructor Marcelo was great so much fun, very nice and easy going. My photographer was Brandon, he also did a amazing job with pictures and videos and made it a lot of fun in the air as you're falling to pose for pictures! After being suited up and meeting our instructors we waited another 10 mins before the plane landed and we were walking out to it and loading up. The plane ride up was very enjoyable as well, great views. I highly recommend going early we jumped around 1130 it was gorgeous out but the clouds were moving in fast and if they do they cover more of the north shore so pics aren't as nice. When we reached 14000 feet that door was open and you're scooting up to the door. The instructor makes this part very easy 123 go you're falling out of an airplane! It was amazing so much fun! Very smooth ride down, great landing. I felt very safe the entire time! This is the best place to go. Everyone was great not rude like previous reviews. It's all your attitude if your a stingy, scared, whiny tourist I'd be rude to you to. You're not the kind of person to be sky diving. If you're there to have fun they're going to have fun with you. We waited a total of 45 mins if that before we were jumping out of an airplane. When you come back they let you sit in a nice lobby and watch your movies and see the pictures. You don't get a camera guy unless you pay for one. GET ONE! Overall best experience I could have imagined for a skydiving center, I felt very safe. Oh yea don't read the stuff on the forms you sign. Really you're just going to psych yourself out just initial and fill out. Don't worry about the rest. Seriously if you are going skydiving for the first time these are the best around, they also have the vest safety record that's a fact. Can't go wrong there. Pacific Skydiving Center is the best out there.

1  Thank Roxymt11