“Awesome food not in a restaurant ”

VJ's North Shore Dogs & Burgers
Ranked #44 of 91 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

A quick stop in Haleiwa for lunch we came across a pull on area just before town with food trucks.
We chose VJ's as the food looked a little different from the normal shrimp trucks.
My wife ordered the fish burger and I ordered the pulled pork bun. Both meals were really good and better than a lot of the restaurants we have been to in Oahu.
Definitely recommend if you are driving through to stop at VJ's.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This place is off the hook! Their burgers are the best I have ever had (if you like it hot, their "Pele - Goddess of Fire" burger reigns supreme)! Today I had their "Kahlua Pig" pulled pork sandwich. Nobody stateside can compare. This is a must try place! Also, their neighbor, VJ's Butcher Block, has the best meats I have had.

1  Thank Courtdd
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Best burgers on Oahu! Also try the jerky from VJ's Butcher Block behind the burger shack - it's pretty amazing too! The staff are super friendly and atmosphere is great. Good for families, couples, or solo!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch one day because we wanted to try out the shrimp trucks. I'm so glad I didn't get the shrimp and went to VJ's instead!!! The young man taking orders was so polite and nice to talk to. We got a bacon wrapped hotdog, a regular hotdog and a cheeseburger and it was all delicious!! I was hoping we would have time to go back so I could try their local deer burger.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am generally not a food truck diner however I was encouraged to try the hamburgers at VJ's and was not disappointed. They are the best hamburgers on the island. There is a wide selection of hamburger offerings plus hot dog/sausages and even steaks. I am going back for a bacon wrapped sausage, I am just not telling my wife.