“Top 10 Shave Ice”

Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Haleiwa
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I would put them in the top 10 of Shave Ice that I have had on the Hawaiian Islands. I can't say they are the absolute best as many others have. They are extremely efficient so the long lines moves fast so do not let that discourage you from trying this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

On our vacation in oahu, a friend who is a local took us to Matsumoto Shave Ice because its a "MUST" wow... longggg lines, but it was delicious. He told us they make the flavors themselves too! My boyfriend tried his with ice cream and beans (azuki beans?) the beans are kind of sweet.. but they still taste like beans with your dessert... kind of weird. All in all- good price for a yummy treat.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in the Hauula area and we're told by some locals about this place and Haleiwa in general. We didn't make it here until the 2nd to the last day & needless to say we came on the last day too. The Hawaiian with ice cream & condensed milk was just awesome. Next time this will be a daily trip :) The Haleiwa area in general is a great place!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Shave ice is good & this place is super popular so prepare to wait. We tried them once & liked our choices. I love getting the ice cream in the bottom of mine! I don't think they are worth the incredibly long lines that usually form there but are certainly worth trying once. I must say that they are extremely efficient in how they take orders, fix the shave ice, etc.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The shaved ice was the best we have ever had. Less than $3 for a huge refreshing treat! The line was long, but moved very quickly. Fun t-shirts to purchase as well. (Ask if they have any t-shirts they're discontinuing...my husband got one for $10!)