“Delicious!”
Review of HULA DOG Hale'iwa

HULA DOG Hale'iwa
Ranked #38 of 89 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I will admit I was a bit scared to eat at this food truck since I'm not a fan of polish sausage and I hate relish but my husband insisted. Somehow this place makes relish taste so good. My kids enjoyed the freshly made real fruit Popsicles too.

Dominique Q, Owner at HULA DOG Hale'iwa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Aloha cjnewlywed,

Thinking out of the box is what make our life interesting. Thank for passing your scary feeling and giving a chance to our Hula Dog. We made one more friend. Hope to see you soon again

There are newer reviews for HULA DOG Hale'iwa

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Hula Dog is very tasty & worth trying. It's a hot dog (either sausage or veggie) that is inside the special bun & then you pick the sauce & relish you want. I went with mild garlic sauce & mango relish, plus one of their own mustards. It was so good!

This is a food truck in Haleiwa town & only takes cash. It's set up in an area with a few other food trucks & there are picnic tables to sit at.

1  Thank Lee4
Dominique Q, Owner at HULA DOG Hale'iwa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Aloha Lee4

I suppose you're back to Little Rock now, and sending a review is highly appreciated.
I'm happy you enjoy it , you give a good description of Hula Dog. Hoverer just a little
change will be you do accept almost all credit card. Of course sometime in the North
Shore our internet can be disconnected and cash it.
Hopefully you will be back in our beautiful Hawaiian Islands.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Okay, so my title is dramatic but this place is one of my favorites on island. I was lucky enough not to have to drive to the north shore every time I wanted one as one was located by my school but the amazing dogs don't change depending on their branch. I haven't said much about the dogs but first I recommend the taro bacon bun then you pick your dog, pick your fruity relish (I was skeptical about this at first) and then the clerk will recommend a mustard that goes well with the relish. I always go with their recommendation. I have never had a bad dog here. I also take friends and fam that are visiting the island, they love it.

1  Thank shewantstotravel

Aloha shewantstotravel

Thanks so very much to take the time to write a review about Hula Dog.
Hope to see to Hula Dog downtown soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a hot dog... I know it;s just a dog...but it is the best dog ever...and the relishes..YUM...pineapple banana was my favorite. Don't forget to have a strawberry lemonade as well. Lunch for a family of $30...not bad for paradise

2  Thank cherihuang
Dominique Q, Owner at HULA DOG Hale'iwa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Aloha cherihuang,

I always said : "it's not a hot dog.. It's a Hula Dog !!
who will put a banana or coconut relish in a hot dog? But we do in Hawaii.
" if you don't try you will never know"

Mahalo

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped at Haleiwa and saw many food trucks, this one was selling hot dogs and some drinks. We ordered vegetarian hot dogs and it was awesome. We ordered more after having one. We also tried Lemonade with Lilikoi flavor and it was sooo refreshing. They have many options and flavors. Worth stopping and grabbing one.
They also have chips and stuff.

Aloha SrsRocks,

Haleiwa as a lot of trucks and trailer and it's nice to know that you decide to try our Hula Dog.
Even better when we know that you love it.

Mahalo