“It's a good thing they have outdoor seating”

Breakers Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 89 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I went to Breakers twice but only because the first time we sat outside and my husband had especially good fish and chips and good beer (he's British so that is a better than average compliment). Breakers is in a good location in Haleiwa at the Marketplace and lots of people are looking for food. We went back a couple of days later and as it was cooler and nearly dark we sat inside. Our server was OK but had to be persuaded to come to our table to check on us from time to time. What really put me off though was the dirty, sticky vinyl tablecloth, the greasy condiment bottles and the overall feeling that things in general (like the kitchen perhaps?) were unsanitary. I didn't want to touch anything. I had a hamburger both times and it was good, the fries so-so and we did discover beer from a local brewery which was excellent (although we could have discovered this at any other restaurant). My husband ordered the fish & chips again because they were so good the first time but this time, for whatever reason, they were only average...different cook? I do not recommend Breakers unless you sit outside where the fresh breezes and overall cleaner environment changes this restaurant from POOR to AVERAGE.

There are newer reviews for Breakers Restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Read about this place in a travel book, it had given it a pretty good review. Well, I walked out. It was a Friday night but not that busy. Hostess seated us and brought us our drinks, a water with lemon and a diet coke. And then we sat there and waited. The waitress passed by us five times and did not say hello or even acknowledge that we were even there. We then see a couple get seated and a waiter came to help then in a timely fashion. We waited for a good twenty minutes and decided to leave.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This place was very average. The food is typical bar fare. I would go to another restaurant next time. The service was friendly but not exceptional.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went here because other places nearby were closed. This place is more like a bar with bar food. Nothing special. Maybe a good place to watch sports or have drinks. Food is nothing to write home about for sure.

Had the Beer battered Mahi Mahi. It was just OK. Nothing fancy.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Breakers is OK. The food is meh as are the drinks but its the only bar around there and so a good spot to watch sports.