“very accomodating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Haleiwa
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
seattle
“very accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good food. Beer and wine available 2 doors down to bring back to cafe. Good food. Very accomodating of us and fussy grandchild. We will be back next visit!

• Visited March 2013

San Mateo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service was friendly and timely, but the lunch was just average. The atmosphere was grungy. The four of us wondered why we had been told not to miss this place. Maybe it's better for breakfast. I wouldn't make an effort to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
White Plains, New York
“Great breakfast/brunch joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very friendly service, and the breakfast burrito with home fries is a must try. Wish I found it before my last day in Oahu - there were quite a few menu items I wanted to try.

• Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Whenever I am on the North Shore I have to stop at the Cafe Haleiwa! Breakfast is fantastic and they keep the coffee cup filled. Not your 4-star resturant in Waikiki, but better food and at much better prices. Parking can be a bit of a problem, but it is well worth the wait and I look forward to eating there again in less than a week!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Try the amazing dinners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried Cafe Haleiwa's dinner for the first time on Valentine's day and were amazed at the sophistication of their menu. . We both had the soup which was reminiscent of a hot Vichyssoise with truffles, something you would find in a fine dining venue. My monchong fish with light miso sauce was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth,very tasty. My valentine tried the braised short ribs which was less stellar and more like mother's pot roast in flavor. We shared the desert of strawberries and some sort of delicate pastry to dip in dark chocolate fondue, yummy! Service was friendly and attentive, Our wine came from the wine shop next door,all wines priced under $20. No corkage fee,probably the gift/wine store is family-owned. Beer available also.
Only open for dinner Wed. - Sun. Be sure to call for reservations and ask for a table outdoors for maximum rustic ambience. This is our new favorite North Shore restaurant!