“Mexican reinvented”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amara Rd.
Transit: For Northbound travelers you will need to get off the bus at Kamehameha HWY + Opp Emerson RD (Stop ID # 2241). If you are traveling Southbound you will need to get off at Kamehameha HWY + Haleiwa RD. (Stop ID # 2240). For additional information on holidays or possible detours please refer to www.thebus.org
London
“Mexican reinvented”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had seen the advert of this restaurant in a local magazine and decided on trying it. The welcome was warm and friendly and the waitress suggested some cocktails (cucumber Mojito) which was cool and refreshing – perfect to combat the heat outside.
Tried the scallops and the quesadillas. Both were well cooked and well presented.
On the whole it was a very appetising and satisfying lunch and glad we tried it.

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Mexican food! ”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Can I just say that my entire family loved this restaurant. To start off with the chips and salsa were really good, and I ordered the taquitos for my meal, although I believe they are listed as an appetizer. The taquitos very unexpectedly come in some sort of a broth which threw me off upon seeing since I've never seen them served that way before. But holy cow what an unexpected surprise, they were delicious! My whole family had to try them since we've never seen them before that way, and we all agreed they were the best taquitos we've ever had. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Norhern california
“Mexican food with a twist!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I know it sounds weird eating Mexican food in Hawaii but Luibueno's menu is certainly different in a good way! The mahi mahi tacos were very tasty and the enchiladas stuffed with mushrooms was a delight. The house margaritas were not particulary my favorite but I still had 2!. The service was very good and fast.

Visited July 2014
Fort Mohave, Arizona
“Now that's what I call a fish taco”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stopped by for a business lunch and tried the ahi tuna tacos. This is how a fish taco should be made. You can have the tuna cooked any way you want, but to appreciate the ahi, you should order it rare. Fresh tortillas with onion, tomato, cheese, cilantro, and some pretty decent salsa along with your choice of black or refried beans. All in all, a very pleasant, reasonably priced meal. If you like tuna, you will not be disappointed in the fish tacos at Luibueno's.

3 Thank HotRatz
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Nice Happy Hour Values”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We ate pupus during happy hour. The cerviche and fish tacos were really good and a great value for food in Hawaii. The service was great.

1 Thank Robin B

Been to Luibueno's? Share your experiences!