“Hellava time at Haleiwa Joe's”

Haleiwa Joe's Seafood Grill
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver
“Hellava time at Haleiwa Joe's”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We used our Oahu Revealed guidebook to locate this hot spot. We had a lovely lunch there with good service, good food and good cocktails. We had a very nice table in the outer area so that we could watch the paddle boarders practice. The restaurant was packed and yet our service and meal were both prompt and good. Tables were not too close and we were comfortable and were able to relax. We had fun, no complaints and will return!

• Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
“Nice food but overpriced and dark”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Haleiwa Joe's served me a whole fish that I ordered just right, but to be honest I don't think it was worth the $29.50 on the menu. The place was also dimly lit, which made it a little depressing. Service was also a little slow, probably because the place was packed, the waitress was very friendly and nice though.

However, if you are not really price sensitive, then it's alright. And it was located in a very nice area of Oahu.

Waialua, Hawaii
“Amazing Prime Rib and Fantastic New Years Eve in Haleiwa”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

New Years Eve 2012 my wife and I wanted to have a nice dinner in Haleiwa in that we live in Waialua and didn't want to travel far. Went to Jameson's but found them over priced with a very lacking menu. Unfortunately with hind sight of "Should have made reservations"we decided to try Haleiwa Joe's. There was a 45 minute wait but that was fine seeing it was a holiday. The hostess was very polite and patient with asking where we were on the list consistently... I found the decor of the restaurant very Haleiwa with a nice picture of the hotel that was onsite prior to the restaurant. It seemed less than 45 minutes to be seated and did have the opportunity to meet some colorful people. The staff was very efficient and speedy without rushing us, our ice tea was filled for us whenever we needed a refilled. We ordered prime rib, was cooked to perfection and such a huge portion!!!! Took half of it home for leftovers.....twice as nice. I highly recommend Haleiwa Joe's to all and can't wait to go back.

The Bowen's

“Not a good experience!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

While the food wasn't bad (although they should never serve rice when the menu says you're getting potatoes, at least without asking you), the service was horrible. They rushed through our party of 18 from beginning to end and then had the audacity to add in the gratuity on the bills, without having a chance to question whether this was deserved or not. Generally speaking, service standards in Hawaii are pretty good, but this is a restaurant to avoid!

Fresno, California
“We cleaned our plates.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were driving along the North Shore and I had this place on my list as a possible lunch stop. Saw, stopped, and went in. The atmosphere is a bit kitschy, but not overly so, just a bit. We were offered a table, inside or out, pretty quickly.

We opted for inside because it was windy. There was a party going on, it was breaking up and the crowd really wasn't too noisy, surprisingly. Hubby was on a burger kicking I tried their fish tacos--made with marlin (I was told). We also had salads and just water to drink.

Friendly service. The waitress asked how we. Liked our salads--our plates were clean. "Horrible! We could barely keep ourselves from finishing." People like to laugh, you know? Mytacos were VERYgood, the fish was firm, which is how I like it, so it doesn't fall apart as I'm holding it. Hubby gave me a bite of his burger, well-done as requested and soooo juicy! I complimented that, and the waitress said that somepeopleont know how to make a well-done burger without drying it out, we agreed, and that this was perfect!

We skipped dessert because we were going. To Matsumoto's for some shave ice.

The menu was broad enough that, if you're interested in eating here, you'll find something you'll like.

• Visited November 2012