“Fantastic!”

Ranked #6 of 54 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Swallow your fears and come face to face with one of Hawaii's most majestic and misunderstood creatures of the deep...Sharks! View sharks in their natural habitat in a specially designed cage that not only protects but has plexiglass windows so you can still get that one on one feeling. 5 Years old and over welcome. Mask and snorkel provided, and we have a hot water shower. GoPros on a Go Pole are available for rent to capture your once in a lifetime experience in High Definition.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My brother and I had a great time on this excursion! We booked the 6:30 am excursion and although it was rough getting up in the morning the ocean was a lot calmer and you could notice a difference by the time we were leaving that it was getting a bit choppy. Also the traffic out of Waikiki was no problem leaving that early. The crew was friendly and knowledgeable, they even gave us some good breakfast recommendations for when we were finished. And seeing the sharks was AMAZING!!! They were circling the boat as soon as we got to the cage , there must have been at least 5-8 sharks! The water was crystal clear and not to cold, well we didn't think it was to cold (being Canadian) but one guy from arizona sure thought it was cold lol! . There were fewer people in our group so we were able to stay in the cage the whole time.

I would definitely recommend this trip, it was fantastic!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tannis D

• Czech first
Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our second time on this excursion and it was way better then the first time (2011). The crew was very friendly and chatty this time around. This excursion is worth every penny! We saw a number of sharks around the 9' mark. If you get sea sick, take some gravol or something similar prior to leaving as the water can be a little rough. Will be back!

Visited April 2013
Thornton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Oahu for spring break (end of March). Though I have been there many times, it was my gf's first and we decided to do something a little different. So, a shark encounter was it! WOW!!! This is sooooo worth it. We booked the latest time available which is 1030 and I would recommend you do the same. Because it is the last slot available, they said they usually allow more time with the sharks. Arrive at the bay and the boat will come pick you up. The captain and his assistant (forgot names but both really friendly) take role and explain things to you about safety. On the trip out to the waters (about 4 miles north of the bay) they provide lots of educational information about the sea life in Oahu. Upon arrival to the cage, they go through a couple more safety procedures and get you snorkeled up and in the cage. Sharks everywhere!!! even watching the sharks from in the boat was way cool!

this is a lot cheaper and more thrilling than swimming with a dolphin for 30 minutes at the Sea Life Park!

Definitely doing it again!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mongoshrdr
Calgary
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Captain Surly”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked the very early morning excursion as we were told that that would be the best time to avoid very rough seas. We arrived before anyone from the the company was there but shortly after the boat pulled into the slip. The captain (can't remember his name) pulled up, jumped off, opened the restrooms, mumbled something and got back on the boat. Pretty much didn't say anything to anyone and that set the tone for the rest of the trip. Luckily his co-worker (we called him skull but I don't remember his real name) did most of the talking. I don't think the captain actually even said one word to me or anyone in my family the entire trip. We were warned that the seas would be rough in the winter so we came very prepared having put the transderm patch on the night before and that worked very well as none of us got motion sick (and I can get motion sick standing still). The water was murky and we really didn't get to see many sharks - mostly just shadows but I realize that this is out of the control of the tour operator. This might be better to do in the summer when the seas are calmer and clearer. And maybe a captain with some people skills would be good. Based on his attitude I wouldn't recommend this trip to anyone

Visited January 2013
2 Thank SurfergirlCalgary
Cessnock, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

WOW. I love sharks but I hate boats. This tour had me apprehensive due to a fear of sea sickness (quite a few reviews). Fortunately we went on a day when the ocean was like glass. The tour operator said it was like this about ten days a year!
The cage experience itself was awesome for both me and my 9 year old son. Seeing sharks this close in their natural environment is second to none. We had about 18 sharks circling the boat - they were coming from every angle.
The tour organisers were very professional and informative. The bus driver was also very entertaining. Great Tour!

Visited November 2012