“You must do this!”

Ranked #6 of 57 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Swallow your fears and come face to face with one of Hawaii's most majestic and misunderstood creatures of the deep...Sharks! View sharks in their natural habitat in a specially designed cage that not only protects but has plexiglass windows so you can still get that one on one feeling. 5 Years old and over welcome. Mask and snorkel provided, and we have a hot water shower. GoPros on a Go Pole are available for rent to capture your once in a lifetime experience in High Definition.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was amazing. You could reach through the bars and touch a 8ft shark, but don't! Your floating in a cage in the middle of the ocean surrounding by huge sharks. So worth the money! We had 16 people on the boat, so we went in 8 at a time. We went first, then after 20 minutes or so got back on the boat. The guide put a fish on a rope and threw it in the water a pulled a huge shark out of the water right beside me, the crushing sounds of its jaws were amazing.

2  Thank Drew-of-ten-sees

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our group of 4 adults booked this tour, hoping to see some sharks up close-and we did! We booked the 6:30am trip and it was about a 20 minute boat ride out to the cage. The waters got rough at times, but the captain (steering the boat) was very experienced, so we felt were were in good hands. Once out by the cage, you could see the sharks start to surface. We had 8 people on our boat, so we went in groups of 4 at a time in the cage to look at the sharks. The total time you spend in the cage is about 15 minutes, but that was enough time to get a good and up-close look of the Galapagos sharks that come up from the deep blue ocean beneath. We had 4 sharks swimming around us outside the cage that ranged from 6-10 feet in length. They give you snorkel gear to wear while in the cage. The cage itself is 7 feet deep, so you could easily touch the bottom of it. It was about 6 feet by 8 feet in dimension, so 4 was the right number of people in the cage at one time. There were also bars to hold on to on the sides, so you just had to put your head in the water and see the sharks. Make sure you hold on to those bars, because the moment I let go, I got thrown into one side of the cage and metal bars due to the high swells-it really thrusts you around in that cage if you don't hang on to the bars that are there. If you get seasick easily, make sure you follow the instructions to keep your eyes on land as the boat goes out and comes back in to land. My husband actually got sea sick as he was in the cage-but we think it was because it was so focused on trying to capture good videos of the sharks while he was in the cage on his go-pro video camera. One of the other passengers in the first group that went into the cage vomited after he got out of the cage. Our group of 4 did not eat breakfast before we went, so that might have helped, as none of us vomited-but my husband said he was nauseous once he got back on the boat after being in the cage, and for about an hour or two after the excursion ended. He took a couple of dramamine pills an hour before too, but he is one who is prone to feeling sea sick easily.

Overall, it was a very neat experience! We went and grabbed some breakfast in the town of Haleiwa a half an hour after our fun experience with the sharks.

5  Thank SMH27
Reviewed February 14, 2013

A real good time! the crew is really experienced and friendly, they r ready to answer any question you have. they give you plenty time to enjoy the sharks company in total safety. advice, take a sea-sickness pill, the cage is in open sea and sometimes can be rough.

2  Thank Deigo88
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was a amazing adventure. One I will never forget. The crew was great. The only reason I didn't give them a 5 was they were out of small t-shirts. I called them when I returned home and ordered one. My bank card was charged but I never received it. I sent them a email and got one back to confirm my address, which they had correct. Made some excuse about being lost in the mail, which I do know happens, and told me they would send another. Never arrived!

1  Thank azchat
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a great experience but unfortnately most of the people on our boat were very sea sick as the north shore was rougher than usual. If you can look beyond everyone vomitting around you while you're watching the sharks you'll do fine.