“Over 70 fish and whale sightings! Captain Ray is a local pro!”

Go Fishing Hawaii Day Trips
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Captain Ray was awesome!!! He is a true Hawaiian and really cares more about putting people on fish then just getting paid. His boat is smaller than average but worked out great for my brother and myself. We did some bait fishing, bottom fishing and trolling. Successful with all ways we ended up with over 70 fish! I highly recommend him and will be back fishing with him as soon as I am able too!

2  Thank Kevinc1116

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a delayed review from our trip back in June 2013. Go fishing is a great family run business that we are so glad we chose to take us on our day of fishing. They were excellent with our two young boys who will never forget their first real catches in the ocean. Captain Ray knew exactly the best spot to take us where we caught a wide variety of fish and best of all was to hear the cry of 'MAHI MAHI'!! as we trawled along in our last hour of fishing. The excitement of reeling that beautiful fish in to the boat will never be forgotten. The filets for dinner that night with a bit of lemon and garlic were amazing. Thanks to captain Ray and his beautiful wife.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I live in Hawaii and am an avid fisherman. Recently, my grandchildren and son in law from Nevada , ages 4 and 7, came to visit and I wanted to take them fishing. Going fishing with me would not have been fun for them as I am too serious and like spinning alone. That being said, I combed the internet for fishing tours that specialized in bottom fishing. Go Fishing with Capt. Ray came up with incredible reviews. Now, here is the point..I live in town and the boat is in Haleiwa ( north shore ..about 30 miles from where I live) As you know in the Islands..any drive more than 5 miles is a journey!! but the reviews were too enticing so we booked and met up with Capt. Ray at 6am!! He is prompt, courteous and very concientious what our needs were. Let me tell you, lots of boat captains are not the friendliest. We left exactly on time after a brief safety talk and headed out to fish..and man can this man find fish! Not only is he an excellent fisherman, but he is a kind and caring man who took the time teaching the boys to fish, allowing us two adults to fish. We caught every kind of fish imaginable ( 27 in all ).. the boys got to see sharks which was an added bonus. Let me tell you as a local , Go Fishing rocks!!
Take the time to drive to Haleiwa as I believe that there is much more fish on this side of the island. Get out of Waikiki !!!! Thanks Captain Ray... you are the best!

1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been fishing charters for 30 years (20 charters in Hawaii alone) Capt Ray is the best.He is he only boat that I had booked 4 times Its is along flight coming from chicago so iI dont want to waste my time going on one of those 6 pack charters

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my 4th time going out fishing and my nephews first time. Captain Ray was awesome!!! He got us on the fish right away and we were able to enjoy the entire trip. Rough seas and all. Thanks Captain Ray I will defiantly look you up again next time we are in Haleiwa.

1  Thank Robert C