“Totally awesome!”

Island Style Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: At Island Style Surf School you will have a unique and relaxed surf experience that you can't find anywhere else. With safety first and detailed instruction, we make sure that you have the time of your life on the famous waves of the North Shore Oahu, Hawaii! With instruction from professional surfer, Sergio Lima, and his crew of local certified instructors, you can feel secure that you and your family are in good hands. Come and see why at Island Style you will have a lesson like no other! Surf the north shores legendary waves in Haleiwa, Sunset Beach, Pupukea, and Wailua! Aloha!
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally awesome!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I took my first-ever surf lesson from Sergio this week. It was awesome! Sergio was very patient, clear and careful in his training with me prior to entering the water. He came prepared with all gear needed. I'm a detailed person and I like the fact that he focused on the small details that make a big difference to have success.

He was excited when I got up on my very first wave. Thanks to his coaching, I never missed a wave the entire two-hour lesson. Since it was a huge rush, I was really glad they offer excellent photo packages that capture the entire experience.

I loved it!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Lee S

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great value for professional lessons”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were so happy with their communication & punctuality. Sergio was an amazing teacher and had a very hands on style. They are so friendly and we had a wonderful experience!

North Salt Lake
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were vacationing on the North Shore and heard about Sergio and Carly while asking about surf lessons. Not only is Sergio and amazing instructor, Carly takes wonderful pictures, Our Sons took several lessons, and did great. Sergio and Carly gave us alot of local information and helpful hints about the North Shore. They even met us for a hike up the Waimea Valley and took some great pictures of the family at the waterfall. They are truly wonderful and amazing people who care about you and your Hawaiian Vacation.
GS

Visited December 2011
4 Thank PastorSheffie
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great surf experience - clear instruction, very knowledgable surf pro teaching and success on the 1st day!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I had never surfed before this trip to Hawaii and honestly wasn't sure how I would do. Sergio broke down the steps in a simple, clear manner that made it easy to understand and remember. We paddled out (and he helped me make it out there so I didn't get too tired before we even started) and he helped me start catching waves! Each time he would give me just one additional hint to help me improve and it made such a difference. I went out with them three times while out here for a week and by the end I was actually catching some waves on my own without his push in to catch it! I would definitely recommend this experience - they've thought of all the little touches to make it a great day!

4 Thank Eforbes1