“Amazing delicious scrumptious savory”
Review of Dat Cajun Guy

Dat Cajun Guy
Ranked #10 of 89 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: American
Corona, California, United States
“Amazing delicious scrumptious savory”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A truly amazing hole in the wall. This truck is located in the midst of several other trucks including the famous Giovani but this one is really so amazing that we drove a second time there. First of all the people there are really nice and friendly. The dishes are all delightful, I tried the chicken and sausage gumbo on both visits but the rest of the family also tried the jumbalaya, the New Orleans style shrimp and the fried shrimp sandwich and all of them loved their choices. We also had the beignets which are better than any I've tasted before. They also have amazing sweet iced tea with free refills. Their portions are excellent and the prices are very decent. This place will certainly be part of our Hawaii ritual. Of note they close around 4 pm so be sure to get there early.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank John K

Tulsa
“GREAT TRUCK”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent shrimp poor boy & fried fish with beans & rice. Try it, it's great and they accept credit cards.

Visited June 2014
Michigan
“The Cajun BBQ Shrimp are AMAZING!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This food truck is parked beside - oh, maybe ten or so - other shrimp and lunch food trucks. The nice thing is that everyone in your group can get something different at whatever truck they pick and you can all gather at a picnic table and eat together.

I picked this one (mainly because I'm not a garlic fan, and the other trucks scared me with their cloud of garlic essence hovering over their cookers) and I'm glad I did. HUGE portion of shrimp and rice and sauce, with bread -- perfect lunch.

It's a good enough reason in my book to move to Hawaii... yep, that good.

Visited June 2014
Sandy, Utah
“Good Cajun food, large servings, friendly service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was some of the best Cajun food I've had, including when we were in New Orleans. The servings were large and we enjoyed leftovers the next day. Not open Wednesday and close at 4:00 PM so plan for lunch only. We had to come by a couple of times to find them open, but it was so-o-o-o worth it!!

• Visited May 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“FINGER LICKIN!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I got the BBQ shrimp with brown rice and bread for dipping, It was sooooo good and seasoned just right with a little spice.
My hubby got fried fish with red beans and rice. Needless to say the plates were licked clean and were definitely going back....probably this week. The fish was fried perfectly and even the beans and rice were to die for. The BBQ shrimp came in a bowl with ALOT of sauce( which I love )
so you could dip your bread in it and very large shrimp. The service was great , the people were friendly and brought out our food and then walked around to ask us how everything was(surprising for a food truck) Cool vibe out there with the trucks and shops and you could spend the whole day our there with all that and then the beach being a minute away. I think our plates were like $12-$13 each and since it was seafood and it was amazing it was a great deal.
Keep it up Cajun Guy and Cajun Guy workers.

• Visited May 2014