“Fantastic experience”

Fee: Yes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We found blue rush surf school using tripadvisor. We chose it because we thought we would have a more personal lesson.
It was beyond everything we expected. Matt is a fantastic instructor. We met him at the north shore's starbucks. We got lost reaching there and were late.. We were so sorry about that but Matt greated us so well that we forgot about that instantly! He really is such a cool dude!
Then he took us to the beach and the wonderful experience started. It was really awesome! We were able to surf Waves very quickly thanks to our great instructor! Everything went so smoothly!
We spent two hours of pure pleasure in the blue water of the north shore!
It was so nice that we had to do it twice! Yes, we returned a few days later to have another course with Matt!
He turned me and my girlfriend into real surfers! Yeah we had to keep on doing it when we got back home!
We'll return to blue rush surf school for sure when we return to wonderful Hawaii!
Aloha!

1 Thank Yoyo97222

Rochester, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent time”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We called Matthew in the morning and he was glad to meet us the same day! We went with our 4 boys (16, 14, 11, 11) and everyone managed to catch some waves. The instructors Matthew and Stephanie were great and extremely patient, particularly with the adults (the kids of course had essentially no problems). You start with a short land lesson and then move out to the water. I will tell you the paddling is quite tiresome so I'm not sure of the value of an individual lesson. The group lesson was totally adequate. I would recommend Blue Rush if you're in the North Shore.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cpj2
Danville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great instructors, super fun time and a highlight of our vacation!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had an awesome time with Matthew and Stephanie for our first ever surfing experience. It was just me, my 9 year old daughter and her friend (also 9), and I couldn't have been more happy with their instruction, attitudes, support and encouragement!

The location itself was great, surfing Chun's Reef on the North Shore in Haleiwa. We started with some safety lessons and step-by-step instructions on the beach, then into the water we went. Waves were small this time of year (August) but great for the kids, and Matthew and Stephanie know the break like the backs of their hands so they always put is the exact right position. My daughter was surfing like a "pro" in no time at all, and although her friend was a bit nervous about standing up they did a great job of encouraging her and making sure she had a great time. We spotted some sea turtles while out on the water, as that particular area is teeming with them, and I even rode a few waves myself... who knew?

Super impressed with Blue Rush Surf School, and absolutely recommend them to anyone and everyone heading to the North Shore!

Mahalo to Matthew and Stephanie for an experience we won't soon forget!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Brett94526
Clovis, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Matt and Stephanie are the best!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It was worth the hour long drive from Waikiki to meet with Matthew and Stephanie for surf lessons! They made my boys, ages 10 and 12, very comfortable and by the end of the lesson, the kids were standing on the board and riding the waves! When I asked my kids what their favorite part of our vacation was they both said "Surfing!"

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kristin1987
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blue Rush Surf School / Haleiwa, North Shore Oahu”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Matt, the instructor is fantastic. His surf-assist Stephanie is great as well. They are both so kind, patient, funny, calm and know exactly what they are doing. They foresee and provide for beforehand, so well. My husband had never surfed and he was initially intimidated. After great instruction and getting out in the waves, he did great and he loved it. I think people may be nervous to start, but Matt and Stephanie made it a truly a wonderful experience. Looking forward to going right back to them again.

Judy and George