“First time surfing...and in our 40's”

Buttons Surf School
Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“First time surfing...and in our 40's”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I booked a private lesson with Buttons after a friend absolutely would not let me leave Hawaii without one. I was actually excited because I am always up for a little adventure. My husband was convinced he wasn't going to be able to get up and wasn't looking forward to it. Buttons was extremely patient and very personable. We had a quick land lesson and then out to the water we went. We had big surfboards that were easy to stand up on. The first wave Buttons sent my husband on, he was up and riding it all the way in. He continued to ride every wave Buttons set up for him. Me on the other hand, got up every time but fell often too. I told my husband it was because I have more junk in my trunk which pulled me off my board. Haha.
Overall it was an enjoyable day and learning to surf with a legend was awesome. Whether you are a beginner or have been surfing for a while it's a great experience. There were some amazing surfers out there that were still asking Buttons for advice. Do it, you won't regret it!

Visited February 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My first experience surfing...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife visited the famous North shores of Oahu for my 41st birthday. I finally decided to try my 1st surfing experience. I was very lucky to have a true legend of Pro surfer as my instructor.. Buttons is very nice person with a big heart. He wasn't just collecting the fee. He is really care about you and he would make sure that you are having the blast catching the wave. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.. It was one of the best experience in my life.. Surfing is cool and I love it... The best part above all that is the opportunity to get to know you.. a true legend..

1 Thank Okky P
Red Deer, Canada
“Learn to Surf at any age, excellent experience!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Buttons was more concerned about getting us in the water and starting than he was about collecting fees. I'm 49 and got up first try (I had to keep up with my adult sons). Buttons explanations were simple, but effective, and he'd showed us what we needed to do or adjust to get up. And his crew was very helpful and friendly. We had a great time! If you want to learn to surf, let Buttons and his team show you how.

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Buttons is the real deal. Lessons are affordable, fun, and direct. He is very to the point and explains things quickly and efficiently on the beach, then gets you out to surf! The location was mellow, and in between waves he and his crew gave us good advice and made sure we caught plenty of waves. We ended up surfing with Buttons well over the allocated hour, and then rented boards from him for a great price for the afternoon. The advice, good vibes, and pushes did not end with end of the lesson! Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank robbieflick
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic surfing, Awesome people”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Buttons made the entire surfing experience on the North Shore so great. He teaches surfing because he loves it and wants to share that with everyone. Had never surfed before and I enjoyed it so much I came back the next day. Not only that, but his entire team was completely professional and looked after everyone around. Thanks, Buttons!

Visited November 2012