“Buttons is your ONLY choice !”

Buttons Surf School
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you could take lesson in hockey from Wayne Gretzsky, basketball lessons from either #23, well you get the point.
Most importantly of all , he is patient , down to earth and every positive perception of surfing is exceeded.
Surf with the original and inventor of the 360 if you are privileged to .

JS

3  Thank Jgsheehan62

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The man greets you with a hug and a kiss on the cheek...do I need to say more? I cannot recommend Buttons Surf School highly enough! Just simply a wonderful experience on so many different levels! He creates such a calming feeling just being around him. His "right hand man", Kala was just a great kid as well, quite the comedian! Buttons was so easy to talk to and sched our lessons thru...no middle man during the whole process and he has the best prices on the North Shore. Our group of 6 was completely taken care of on every level, met all of our expectations and then some. Every person in our group got up and rode waves and quite a few at that. He was efficient but at the same time we never felt like we were being rushed in any way. We will be back next year and for sure will do anther lesson or two with my favorite surf guru Buttons! Until then, I will be zipping up a wetsuit and braving the cold Nor Cal Pacific waves.....dreaming of the North Shore.....

1  Thank twofromthebay
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Thank you, Buttons, for the most amazing experiences. It was so awesome to see a "light" go off in my child's eyes as she discovers a new passion, encourage by her new friend. I watch Buttons "teach" my child to surf. Not just give a tourist a fun experience. He showed her respect for the ocean as well as the freedom and fun it offers. She caught so may waves during her 3 sessions and cant wait to get back. We are forever grateful. What an amazing surfer, teacher and friend to my daughter. This is highly recommended. So much more than an surf lesson. A must when visiting the north shore of O'ahu. Learn from the best. Superior for all ages.

1  Thank Tanya L
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Buttons and his crew were so patient and AMAZING teachers! All three of us that were learning stood up and actually surfed! GREAT technique and tricks of the trade to get us to stand up!!! He is Surf Pro from a few years ago...great teacher and an actual Surf Pro we were taught from...GREAT experience!!! He keeps his surf lesson groups small unlike the other companies!!! He was even helping the other schools teach! What a true gentle soul...amazing experience! More than just a surfing lesson! I will be back soon I hope!!

4  Thank Zen1224
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Buttons was great! he took my kids out with him on a board and caught the waves with them tandem! all the kids had to do was stand up. Highly recommended for small children or kids that are a little spooked of the water. LETS GO SURFING!!

3  Thank matthew s