“It was THE BEST”

Jetty Betty Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Jetty Betty Surf School offers surfing lessons on the North Shore of Oahu, Surf Camps, Surf Retreats, Turtle Tours, Surf Lessons in Hawaii, Surf Lessons in Oahu, Surf School in Hawaii, Surf School in Oahu, Surf Lessons on the North Shore of Oahu, Surfing in hawaii, surfing on the North Shore of Oahu, Surf Camps on the North Shore of Oahu, Learn to Surf in Hawaii, Learn to Surf on the North Shore
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am from Germany and i went on a 10 day surf retreat to Vanessa's jetty Betty surf camp this fall. It was the most amazing experience i had so far with surf retreats. Vanessa is a wonderful person and an excellent teacher. She planed my entire stay at the North Shore. I had surf lessons everyday. Yoga classes 3 times a week . At night we went hiking, stand up paddling, biking, swiming, watching a fire dance show, picnic at the beach, visiting a farmers market, sailing a catamaran and many more. It was a full package of carelessness. Vanessas surf retreat definitely exceeded my expectation. I surfed spots where no other surf school went to, so basically it was just Vanessa and me and some locals in the water!!Yes i also saw other surf schools out there however they always surfed at crowded spots and always at the same spots.
She also organized my place to stay. She offered either private accomodation or shared accomodation.I traveled the Hawaiian islands for 3 weeks and this place was the most amazing place i stayed at. Great hosts and guest!!
Vanessa hold everything she promised me before i arrived. I heard other students complaining about their instructors because they did not do so. They promised surfing but they went stand up paddling? I never ever experienced something like that with Vanessa.
I can highly recommend booking a surf retreat with her! She is amazing!!
Thank you soo much for everything i will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Vanessa, of Jetty Betty Surf School is a great teacher. Three from our family decided to take surf lessons and we chose Vanessa because of previous reviews. We were not disappointed. Our 9 year old grandson got up on the board right away, as did our 32 year old son and 60 year old grandpa. Vanessa was patient and very clear in her instructions. She also took extra good care of our little guy and he loved it so much he asked for a surfboard for Christmas.All three found Vanessa's instructions and encouragements extremely beneficial. What a great day with a super and very knowledgeable teacher. Next time - bigger waves Vanessa!! Take surf lessons from Vanessa - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My first surfing lesson ever -- chosen by the attractiveness and positive attitude of her website, admittedly. Vanessa gave simple instructions, just enough to manage without overly worrying about too many details; she was a beauty and professional to boot, personable and a great encouraging coach, since I'd not surfed any of my 67 years ... glad I finally decided to try!!!

The waves were just right at first and my third attempt I actually stood up and rode in all the way to near shore...as morning progressed, the waves and wind picked up and they became too challenging for me to confidently stand up but I learned something from each wave .. two work friends did a group lesson with me and we hung out on the beach with snacks afterwards

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We decided to take some surf lessons with Vanessa as we never surfed a reef break before. It was absolutely worth it and we really enjoyed so much! Vanessa is amazing and this job is definitely her passion. Surfing the North Shore (with Jetty Betty) was awesome!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was able to take surf and paddle board lessons by Jetty Betty Surf School. Vanessa is a fantastic instructor. She is welcoming, educated, and experienced which creates an ideal experience for all visitors and students. She recommended the appropriate times and locations along the north shore in O'ahu and we were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset during the experience. The attention she is able to provide ensures an amazing, safe, fun experience that will make you want to come back for more. Thank you for the memories that will last a lifetime!