“Let's go Surfing now...everybody's learning how....”
Review of Surf With The Pros

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Surf With The Pros
Yorktown, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Let's go Surfing now...everybody's learning how....”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Surfing with the Pros was a great surfing experience! I knew right away it was a good business when i had scheduled our surfing lesson and received a call that i should reschedule because the weather was forecasting zero swells, and we wouldn't really have any waves if we kept our original appointment. I rescheduled and everything worked out great. We had good waves, the instructors were fun and energetic, it really seemed like they loved their job and made learning to surf or attempt to surf great fun! They were very encouraging and got excited when we caught waves!

Surfing with the pros may sound a bit intimidating, afterall they are very talented and professionals, but they bring the joy of surfing to us common folk :)

I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to give surfing a chance...you are in hawaii, you have to at least give it a try! :)

Visited May 2011

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I purchased a surfing lesson for my husband and my son I believe from a Living Social deal. We were vacationing in Oahu, Hawaii for our wedding & honeymoon.
First of all, I'd like to thank you so very much for calling me as soon as you had a cancellation, or an opening of some sort for the 12th! I was originally booked for 5/13/11 & Friday the 13th did not sound like a good idea for a surf lesson. People often say I'll call you if there's an opening just to pacify people, but you never actually get the call. I was BEYOND THRILLED that you emailed me and informed me of the opening on the 12th! That was our first day in Oahu & I wanted that to be the very first thing we did, so they would have the most time to use their new skills while in HI. So, thank you very much for doing that for us!!
Secondly, I'd like to say what an amazing time my husband and son had, thanks to their amazing instructor, Joel! He was just great!! My husband was able to get up on four waves, and my son was proclaimed the surf king b/c he rode countless waves @ Chun's Reef. Joel was super nice, super supportive, obviously very informative, and just all together cool. He really made our trip! My husband was just taking surfing lessons so that my son would not have to do them alone. He didn't expect to have fun, but he absolutely thoroughly enjoyed himself! My son was so excited that he paddled quickly after each caught wave to get back and catch another one! My husband said it was a priceless experience to see our son's face light up as he caught that first wave. Our son LOVED his surfing lesson, loved sharing that experience w/his dad, and really admired their instructor, Joel.

Thank you all so very much, especially Joel for an amazing experience!

Mahalo,