“A Charming Tropical Gem”
other travelers have booked this property
Very comfortable Living room Shark's Cove-Amazing & World Class Snorkeling
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Very comfortable Living room
Shark's Cove-Amazing & World Class Snorkeling
Living Room-Tropical Trade Winds keep you COOL!
Three Tables Beach-Just down our driveway!
Bedroom One-Large and COMFORTABLE Queen bed
Gorgeous Tropical Lanai!
Lanai
Dining Room
View of house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Priscilla...
Camarillo, California
“A Charming Tropical Gem”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Samuel was great at responding to any questions I had before getting to the property.

Once you enter the property it is like driving into a hidden Oasis. This 2 bedroom charming house, Luana Iki, is surrounded by tropical landscaping as if you walked into a Jurassic Park movie set. You can feel Hawaii all around you the minute you are there. Once inside the home, it was very clean and inviting. It has two good sized bedrooms, a charming bathroom and a open floor plan in the living area. The home is decorated in Hawaiiana art and has great info through out the home on things to do. The best part about this gem is the screened in Lanai (patio)! You can spend your mornings drinking coffee or evenings sipping on red wine. As you sit in the Lani the backdrop surrounding the patio is beautiful lush tropical landscape as you can hear the ocean in the background. On that note, when venturing outside of the property, there are several beautiful beaches with in a very short walking distance, as well as a beautiful cove in which you can snorkel and see turtles! If you are in the mood for food, the grocery store is a few min walk or you can also choose to eat out at the many amazing food trucks as well. (My favorite is North Shore Tacos!) I would highly recommend staying in this property to any one that wants to relax and enjoy all that Hawaii has to offer with ease. Outdoor Shower big perk too! I will definitely be returning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: screened in patio
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Mar 9, 2016
Awesome to have you come stay and certainly looking forward to your return in a few months!
Margie F
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Stay - Great Location - Clean and GORGEOUS!”
Reviewed March 1, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My husband and I was nervous based on that last crummy review that was posted on this property. However we were SO pleasantly surprised. Clean and spacious! Perfectly appointed, great kitchen, HUGE giant screen tv for Netflix and movies....amazing yard with mangoes, papayas and fountains....Yes, the photos ARE outdated but, honestly the place is SO MUCH NICER than the photos show anyway! That person who left that review must not have been honest since this place was PERFECT in every way! We are already making plans to come back, thank you!

Liked best: location
Liked least: tri[ was too short!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Mar 4, 2016
It is ALWAYS nice to host to people that are so excited to be in Hawaii and experience our island life. You were amazing guests, excited, eager to see and do it all, interested in our culture and wonderful people!

We look forward to your next trip back to our lovely home!

Till then, ALOHA~
CB12016
London, United Kingdom
“CONMAN, BEWARE , MOULD, MUD A DISCRACE, WORST EXPERCIENCE”
Reviewed January 30, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

This house is nothing like the pictures , my email address is Chloerichardson@mac.com i made a PDF OF images if you wish to see i can send to you.
I would like to start by saying this is the third time to North shore this year , its amazing , this is the ONLY time we have come across anything like this .
We did not stay one night at the house here but had to pay for all .
Its filthy dirty , mould in cups , large black mould on garden seating, bath tub mould,
Bedroom all dead flys inside the cage above you .
Garden is nothing like the pictures all brown dirt , the furniture alot of it not the same as the images . Building a house next door so noise all day and to the back of the house
THOUSANDS OF MOSQUITOS with overgrowth , Its DUMP.
The Security for the back door is a piece of wood.
Worst of all the landlord Samuel levitz is no where to be seen , i believe he has changed his number , doesn't respond to emails , he promised us the first night money back and the hotel money for the first night whilst he sacked his clearner, This house and man to be avoided at all costs .

Liked best: location
Liked least: No refund , mould dirt and photos sold to me nothing like the property
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mar 1, 2016
Wow..."Conman"? That's a first in 7 years of renting my home! This renter was the CONWOMAN.....She found a cheaper home and tried to get out of her agreement after full knowledge of our terms and conditions of no refunds. We FULLY acknowledge that the cleaner did NOT do her part in cleaning properly and was fired immediately!

When we told this renter that we will reimburse for that first night AND the cleaning fee, she insisted on a full refund, which is against company policy.

We had the place recleaned that next morning at 8:15am and left a message for the guest that the property was ready for her return, however never heard back from her again.

We do NOT take slander lightly and certainly have experienced people like this that try to weasel out of their agreements after they find something cheaper. She has been placed on the "SCAM ALERT" profile here in the state of Hawaii so all homeowners know NOT to rent to this party again!

We bent over backwards to make things the situation right for her and DO SO within 18 hours of notice!

It is too bad things could not be worked out with this guest as I am 100% sure that they would have LOVED their stay had they returned!
brian s
San Diego, California
“Avoid this rental- many better options on the North Shore for this price”
Reviewed January 13, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Renter beware: House is NOT as it appears in the professional photos!
Handyman special! Are you the type who can’t take a vacation without bringing your tools? Luana Iki is the place for you! Expect to dedicate a small portion of each day performing maintenance tasks and minor repairs to your vacation residence.
Let me start by stating I have never made a negative review of a vacation rental before and have stayed on the north shore at many vacation rentals, but this experience was sufficiently poor to prompt me to warn others. I will provide key points for those who do not wish to read the detailed experience below:
• House was dirty, musty, and damp
• Many light bulbs were missing from bedrooms, bathroom, refrigerator. LED lights in the kitchen flickered constantly, giving the place a strobe light effect
• Broken appliances in kitchen, and a dirty mixmatch of utensils
• Gate to enter the property produced a high pitched squeak when opened, easily awakening the occupants of the nearby bedrooms (I fixed it myself with some WD40 from foodland)
• Old aluminum back door slider to the residence had a broken lock and was difficult to open; house could not be secured. Scavenging the property produced a metal pipe capable of locking the door and securing the property. Owner denied knowing of this, but during 1 of 2 visits to the property by his handyman during our stay, the handyman stated owner was aware and part was on order. (Owner is dishonest)
• Master bedroom closet door hinges were stripped out; extra force required to close closet door. I fixed it myself by tightening the screws in the door
• One smoke detector missing and one was malfunctioning. Although they were direct-wired (not on battery) the smoke detector in the master bedroom started sounding loudly at 3:00AM and required disconnecting.
• Skylight in kitchen leaks during rains
• Electrical outlets on lanai (not on GFI) tripped breaker during rains
• Yard was not as displayed in picture and in need of some TLC. Lush lawn displayed in property video mostly gone. Trash (broken boogie boards, chairs, umbrellas) litter the property
• House was sufficiently poor enough to prompt me to write my first ever negative review after countless experiences of renting vacation homes
On the positive side, the property is in an excellent location, right across from three tables beach, close to foodland, great location. There are two properties behind the gate: Luana II, the really nice property and Luana Iki, his red-headed stepchild. Luana II is a palace and worth the price he’s renting it for, but Luana Iki is run-down, neglected, and desperately in need of help. When we arrived on our umpteenth trip on the North Shore, our family was full of excitement to enter our home for the next two weeks. However, upon entering, we were quickly aware that the property wasn’t exactly as advertised on The listing. The property is nestled under a beautiful giant mango tree, but this renders it dark and damp. Musty smells permeate the residence, especially in the kitchen cabinets. The house was in a state of neglect- dirty, rundown, and in great need of update. There were light bulbs missing from the refrigerator, bedroom lamps, pretty dirty and worn throughout. These initial findings were not ideal but tolerable. However, when we discovered the ancient aluminum slider door that went to the lanai could not be locked, and thus the house could not be secured, we decided to call the owner with our concerns. The owner told us not to worry, as he routinely leaves the keys in his BMW with the window down. The owner quickly became defensive about the property when I spoke with him on the phone, and suggested that he refund our money and send us to find lodging elsewhere, because “I’ve learned that when people complain upon check-in, they will be unhappy the whole stay.” Right, it’s a week before Christmas, and you think we are going to be able to find another suitable open house to stay in? I quickly backed down to avoid putting my family out on the streets on the north shore. The house was bad but better than our minivan.
A couple of days later, the owner stopped by to clean Luana II, and also to fix some of the problems we alerted him to. He brought some light bulbs, new bathroom mats and told us the handyman would stop by to fix the lock and the faulty smoke detectors. We returned to the residence one afternoon after visiting nearby shark’s cove to find the owners handyman replacing the faulty smoke detectors and assessing what was necessary to get the back slider locking again. He was a nice guy, although his dog, which was roaming through the residence upon our arrival, wasn’t too pleased to see our 3 small children. We quickly scooped up our kids because, well, you never know. He stated that he knew of the broken lock (as did the owner) and a part had been on order for some time (Although the owner flatout lied to us and denied knowing anything about the broken lock.) The lock could not be fixed during our stay. Never rent from a property owner who lies to you.
Overall, some valuable lessons were learned. Namely, ask for recent photos of the property. This place has gone downhill fast. Save yourself the disappointment and rent elsewhere on the north shore.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Dealing with owner, state of property
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 29, 2015
Home Owner beware: DO NOT RENT TO THESE GUESTS!

Let me explain, first, they have been to the N Shore "Many times" as they were proud to tell us....

Then, once they first checked in that had an additional child with them that was not on the lease.

I received a text message that afternoon, from the renter saying things like "the screen door lock to the lanai does not work (though it did prior to their check-in) among other small and seemingly minor issues.

I IMMEDIATELY called them, and offered them a FULL AND IMMEDIATE REFUND!!!

Yes, 100% of their money I offered to refund them right then and there.

I told them, in my 6 years of renting to amazing families all over the world, I have found that if someone starts their experience unhappy, then, they will look for ways to complain about anything and everything.

This was certainly the case.

I offered them another home AND even Turtle Bay Resort PLUS a full refund at the time.

They immediately said "oh, no, really, we love it here, it's just we want to feel safe since that back lanai door doesn't lock, please, really, it's not a problem."

My handyman, went over the next day to assess the situation and begin the repairs to that lock that were done.

At the tail end of their stay, they asked if they could have a partial refund, stating that "we think we paid too much."

Wow.

This family says that they come here all the time and they KNEW that coming over Christmas time is our BUSIEST time of year, where rates are the absolute highest.

I told them, "if you thought our prices were too high, you should not have booked in the first place."

They tried to blackmail us by threatening to write a bad review here!

The truth is this: if you are a rental home owner DO NOT RENT TO THESE PEOPLE!

Our network of owners has been made aware not to rent to them in the future.
adventure...
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great value”
Reviewed November 26, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Nice place, everything perfect, clean and fully provided for. Very central. Good value for money. Only complaint was it was missing salt and pepper! :)

Traveling group: Extended Family
Nov 27, 2014
Salt and pepper?!?!?! Rats!!! I usually stock the pantry with everything you need to cook amazing meals since I am a fantastic cook myself!

My bad, I was traveling for a month when you arrived and didn't have a chance to personally stock it. Come back and I will make SURE your kitchen has everything it could possibly need to get you to win TOP CHEF!

A hui hou (see you soon in Hawaiian)

Samuel
Pearl G
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed October 4, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I love this place. Amazing energy from the house suited my soul. The house is surrounded by lots of trees. Great location and super convenient to the beach just walked across the street to have the whole beach to ourselves in the morning or just 3 minutes away from Food Land that we can walk to get grocery. Friendly and safe neighborhood that you can walk around even in the night time. I am very relax and love to stay here. I hate to leave this place to go back to reality so I am looking forward to come back again and I will make sure next time I will stay longer.

Oct 20, 2014
Very kind of you Pearl, we sure enjoyed having you come out and stay, and, especially thrilled that you love our home as much as we do!

Really glad that you enjoyed eating all the papayas from our trees that provided you with your yummy tropical breakfast foods in the morning. And the mango tree is just now fruiting, so sorry you missed those! :-)

And, yes, please do come out and stay longer next time! A hui hou, Samuel
ClifftheP...
Conifer
“Great little North Shore getaway”
Reviewed September 11, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

This quiet Little House right in Haleiwa Town on the north shore, is a Great little spot to Start your day of surfing, hiking and exploring the North Shore. It has a modern, updated high Def TV/entertainment system,Wifi, a well equipped kitchen, and is tucked away in safe, gated, compound Right off the main highway running through town. Wiamea Valley gardens and beach are a short 5 minute walk away as is grocery and shopping. It was nice to be behind a keyed gate with secure parking and plenty of privacy.

Liked best: Easy Access to surfing and Hiking
Liked least: Rooster call in the Morning
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Oct 20, 2014
It was a treat to have you and thrilled that you decide to come back each year and choose us at Luana Iki as your destination each year! We appreciate the business and now you are our "ohana" or family in Hawaiian....see you on your next visit! Aloha, Samuel
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing