“GO HERE!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Was told by a local to go here for the best Thai food, and they were 100% right. Be prepared to wait to get in, but its worth every minute of the wait. Waitress was great, and owner (Opal) told us to not worry about the menu, he would take care of us. Brought us a great appetizer, and two main dishes that were the best Thai food I have had every had. Be sure to go here if you are in town.

Reviewed November 18, 2015

We were in Oahu in July 2015, we went with our friends and son's. We went to Opal's for dinner and had no idea what we were in store for. While looking at the menu the owner came to our table and basically said we didn't know anything about Thai food and that we were in his house, he took our menus away from us and said he would cook us what he wanted:) His staff came back with every appetizer on the menu, every single items was incredible, my son, a very fit 17 year old athlete that can eat like any other 17 year old sat back and said "that was great", I told him that was just the appetizer and the entree's were still coming, he laughed until the staff came out with every item on the entrée menu:) This was the most amazing meal I have ever had and this is the first post I have ever done on a restaurant, It truly was not just dinner, it was an experience and my family and friends will always have fond memories of that experience.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed November 11, 2015

We walked right past Opal Thai, and then back tracked to find it in a strip mall. Don't let that put you off, but do make a reservation as the place is packed. Opel (yep, spells his name with an "e" not an "a") the owner and chef will ask what you know about Thai food and then prepare a meal to take your culinary interests to the next level. Without a doubt, this was the finest Thai meal ever! We had two delicious appetizers, then a wonderful dish with 1 inch homemade noodles and a complex rice dish. This was the least expensive meal in Oahu, as well. If only I could figure out a way to bring Opal Thai home with me.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

This is a great food cart on the North Shore of Oahu. The food was authentic, well flavored, and piping hot. There are a few picnic tables, covered, outside of the food cart to sit and eat. The food was made fast and to order. I must visit if you like Thai food.

Reviewed November 3, 2015

A friend told us about Opal Thai in Haliewa, and are we ever glad she did. The owner (Opal), is such a character. We initially thought we would be ordering from the menu, but Opal likes to find out what you know about Thai cuisine (there was a little bit of a light-hearted quiz :)) he proceeded to bring out 4 of the best tasting thai dishes we've ever tried. He is such a character and obviously very passionate about the cuisine and his restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and really liked Opal - would heartily recommend to anyone going to Haliewa/the North Shore!