“Great Thai on North Shore”
Review of Opal Thai - MOVED

Opal Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I remember eating out of this guys truck after surfing. So awesome to come back and see he's had such great business to rent a sit down location. His food is top notch. He pays very close attention to food quality. Great authenticThai. Nice family run business.

give it a shot if you're in town.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Chef Opal is awesome. We first met him a number of years ago when he had the food truck going over next to Giovanni's Shrimp Truck. When on the Islands, I gorge on the shrimp trucks but this particular day we felt like a change of pace.
Loving Thai food, the choice was easy - Opal's. It was like surviving an F5 tornado and ready to o it again. It was a bit early so lunch bunch hadn't ramped up so no rush on us. Met family and he asked what kind of Thai we liked, the amount of heat and other taste choices. Then he said to relax and he'd fix us up. What a pleasant surprise of tastes and variety.
Long story but leads to this - recent visit was déjà vu. We had a table full of dishes like drunken noodles, crab noodles and fresh papaya salad, had a taste of Tom Yum. Super. What I really enjoyed is the Thai Iced Tea. Almost a dessert rather than a beverage. Really boosts up the sugar levels.
Great Chef, nice family and a wonderful success story from the food truck to his new place.
This is a must try experience. Plus it's such a nice drive to other side of Oahu.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This place had amazing thai food. I got the Tom Kha soup and the Garlic Basil Shrimp. Both were excellent choices. We loved the owner who greeted, sat us, and waited on us for our meal. They don't have alcohol, but you can bring your own at no charge. It was excellent, the best meal we had in 5 days on the North Shore!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A visit to Opal is an experience not to miss. Not only is the food fanatic but the small restaurant has a real buzz, the service is excellent and Opal provides the personal touch that other places cannot match.
He loves what he does and that shines through in the food. A must visit if you're on the North Shore.

1  Thank Dale G
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Opal puts his heart and soul into the food he creates. I have an allergy to coconut, which can make Thai cuisine a little scary for me. Opal took our menus away from us and created the most delicious lunch once he heard about my allergy. Each course was a surprise and I loved them all. I couldn't face another meal of something with two piles of white boring rice and Opal delivered over and above. The homemade cheesecake was also to die for.

3  Thank Sarah J