“Authentic Thai Food”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I read so many amazing reviews that we traveled from Waikiki to the North Shore to dine at this amazing restaurant. I am giving ambiance five starts, not because the restaurant is on a beach or has some scenic view, these are fabricated enhancements. No, the reason the ambiance is second to none is because the owner comes to your table, inquires about what you like about Thai food and certain Thai stables, whether or not you like these and then he has a course built around what you enjoy. No need to even look at the menu and to me this is five star service.

We've eaten at expensive restaurants and its a different type of atmosphere and we like that as well but we also like the personal service and the food was the best Thai food we had ever had. I recommend coming and checking this out and to be honest the prices are beyond reasonable, to the point that we tipped 100% of the bill just because we felt we weren't charged enough. I understand though, a lot of locals would not be able to afford to eat here if "resort" prices were charged.

The owner treats food like art and we feel honored to have had the opportunity to dine here, thank you.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Okay scouted this out as we saw the food truck on the food network. Now, as some other reviewers point out, he is in a small space in a strip mall. Be aware it is tiny and not many seats. Also it is not on the main hwy, you cant see it from the road but you can see the Longs drugs from the road and he is next door. It was great food, and we told him what we normally would order and he tweaked the order and made it even better. My one daughter who I consider pickier, cleaned her plate. Love that you can grab your beer next door and bring it with you. Worked well for us as we got a table, ordered, then I did the beer run while we waited for the food. I don't know what kind of hot sauce we had on the appy but it was like a Thai verion of Franks red hot and it was delicious! Owner was very friendly and we left absolutely stuffed. Also the red curry was amazing!! would go back for sure and will recommend to friends who are coming to this island!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

As in other reviews, it's as much about the experience as the food. Opal asks you about recent Thai food experiences and what you like. He then chooses for you. Duck curry was amazing and something we would have never tried. The experience is definitely as good as the food. Opal's son is delightful as well.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The restaurant itself is a soulless shoe-box. The closest toilets are outside and round the corner. The only sign as far as I could see is a canvas one tied to the railings outside. You have to buy your booze from the drugstore across the way. BUT! The proprietor and his wife are incredibly passionate about their food, they put a lot of work into figuring out what they can prepare for you so that you will have the best meal possible, and are very meticulous about what goes out of their kitchen. For my money, leaps and bounds ahead of every Thai restaurant that I have been to in NYC, London, and in fact pretty much everywhere I have ever been.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ok.... so this is a sweet and sour review.

We called and made a booking for 8pm and still waited an HOUR and A HALF!

I generally trust the opinions on trip advisor and this didn't fail. It's a great experience and it's very nice of the owner Opal to come around and ask for the Thai dishes and find out information on us. He was genuinely interested and had wonderful customer service. He gives you the food that he thinks you will like. Tread with caution here:

1. I was/am on a diet and the food he gave me didn't work with this.
2. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and one of the dishes had meat in it (crab I think) and he passed it off as vegetarian but then the other waiter said it had meat in it.

So go here for the experience but be quite clear if you have dietary requirements.

The food that we did have was excellent even though it wasn't working with our needs.