“a must to visit”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We got food to go because it was packed on a weds night around 7:30pm. We got to meet Opal and he asked us to name a few Thai dishes we liked, and then he proceeded to tell us he'd make us something good. He didn't lie. Awesome pad thai with shrimp and amazing fried tofu with greens and garlic sauce. I wish we could eat here all the time - will definitely go back if we come back to oahu.

1  Thank LJDUGAN

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved it. Eat whatever he brings to your table. I usually get the same thing every time I go to a Thai restaurant. We had several things that weren't on the menu that he thought would be good. They were fantastic. We went back 2 days later because it was so fun

1  Thank Mmatth
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My dad and I made it a priority to visit Opal Thai based on the raves from TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed. I started to order and was worried we wouldn't get the "full treatment," but Opal snatched our menus, asked a few questions, and we enjoyed 3 amazing dishes!! I don't think I would have ordered the lettuce wraps because I'm accustomed to Americanized Thai restaurants that make them sticky sweet - but they were the best thing we ate!! You are going for the food not the atmosphere, but everyone in the restaurant was fully enjoying their lunch!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you enjoy Thai food then you need to stop at Opal Thai the next time you are in Haleiwa!! My fiancé and I very much enjoyed our dinner. Be prepared to tell them your 5 favorite Thai dishes as they will cater your order around the 5 dishes you mention. Our meal was delicious and we would definitely go back the next time we are on the North Shore!! Oh and you can BYOB (bring your own beverage) for no additional charge etc.

1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Dining with Opal is quite an experience!! You can order off the menu, but you probably won't want to. He quizzes you on a list of ingredients, what kind of Thai food you like, the last time you ate Thai food, what did you have, etc. We really had no idea what to expect, for our table of 4, he brought out 2 appetizers, that were amazing, then 4 entrees, all served family style. There was something for each persons taste. The flavors were intense, we tried things that we normally wouldn't order off the menu and were pleasantly surprised. Opal runs a tight ship, and is very big on customer service. Overall this was a great dining experience. We had about a 20 minute wait and there was a line outside the whole time we were there. Very small, somewhat loud, dining area. Pick up beer or wine at the store across the parking lot, BYOB ok!!