“Stand Up Paddle Board Rentals”
Review of Surf N Sea

Surf N Sea
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s a destination designed to ensure that you experience the best of Hawaii’s ocean activities and shopping! Since it’s inception in 1965, we have been located in a rustic 2-story wooden building, built in 1921. We specialize in Surfing, Hawaii Scuba Diving, Bodyboarding & Snorkeling (tours, lessons, sales & rentals). We offer a wide variety of beachwear & accessories for all your needs whether in or out of the water. We are situated right on the beach in a protected, semi-private bay where the trade winds prevail! We are easy to find and offer ample free parking just steps from the store and the beach!
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Stand Up Paddle Board Rentals”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very helpful. The SUP board rental was very reasonably priced. It was great place to learn and they throw in a free shave ice at the end.

Sugar Hill, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun on the water”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We used Surf N Sea twice during our recent visit to the North Shore. We rented 2 person Kayaks, and then I took a Stand Up Paddleboard lesson. Both adventures were a lot of fun and reasonably priced. We kayaked up the river under Rainbow bridge and saw 9 big sea turtles sunning themselves. The paddleboard lesson, taught by Karen, was easy to understand and also a lot of fun. I learned how to paddleboard standing, sitting, kneeling, and the proper way to paddle and keep my balance. If I can do it, anyone can! I would go back to Surf N Sea next time I visit Oahu!

Visited February 2014
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great daily stop for all visitors to the North Shore”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stumbled upon this GEM of a store upon our first visit to the North Shore. The store is filled with all of the surfing brands (Billabong, Hurley, Volcom, Dakine, etc). They have an extensive selection of clothing, boards, snorkeling, diving, water sports. The staff is also very knowledgeable about local surf spots, winds, waves, rip currents, etc. We hired one surf instructor for our first day and it was a positive experience. Will definitely return.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for diving and rentals!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great for rentals -- Spent a day kayaking and paddle boarding on the lazy river behind the shop. Also went on a beginner's (non-certified) dive with Drew, which was the most amazing experience of my life. They drive you to/from the boat in Honolulu from the shop in Haliewa, so don't worry about transportation, and the boat provides water and snacks throughout the excursion. Drew spent some time teaching/practicing skills with me and ensuring I felt comfortable before we went out into the water. He took me to Turtle Canyon where we saw tons of sea turtles, and then to Nautilus Reef where we saw white tip sharks, fish, eels, octopus, etc. He was so knowledgeable about the marine life we were seeing, and he was clearly so passionate about what he does. He was pointing out fish species endemic to Hawaii and guiding you towards the most exciting sights. He also took amazing underwater photos/videos and was so generous about providing you with takeaways from your dive, unlike many other divemasters who were charging a fortune for photos. Just an amazing experience overall, definitely recommend!

Visited October 2013
Fort Mill, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Can not say one bad thing.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

So my son took scuba lessons during a dive camp, me, I was totally oblivious. We booked a 2 tank dive which is so reasonable at $125. These guys work their tails off. They have to get all the equipment together, get you trained and get you in the water.

So when I called to book they had no dives available the monday we wanted to go. they said, let me call you back I want to see if we can call in a Diver to take you. Called back in 10 minutes, we were all set.

Got there, they loaded out gear up and we met them at Pupukea (Sharks Cove). We went through the instructions , geared up and headed to the ocean. There were 2 PADI divers and 5 of us. This was an introduction to diving session.

We got to the water and I had some anxiety issues. Dave took off with the others and Woody stayed with me. He was very symphatetic to my anxiety, he asked me if I wanted to quit and I told him "No way I want to do this". He towed me out to the middle of the cove and talked to me about all sorts of things which calmed me down. He said he understood that all this was very new to me and that it was ok to be a little freaked. He told me "it is your vacation, we will take this as slow as you want". So we would go down, let me get comfortable, then come back up and talk about what I had issues with. If not for Woody, I would not have done it. So Mahalo Woody.

Got done on the 1st tank and went back up for the 2nd dive. they have you wait 45 min between dives, which is good cause you are tired, and need to eat. I bowed out of the 2nd dive, but my son wanted to go (he is 16). The other members of the group had to bow out as well because one of them was sick. But Dave took my son out on the 2nd dive and they went through caves and saw all kinds of cool stuff.

So Mahalo to all at Surf& Sea, you made out vacation wonderful, and very memorable.

PS. Woody will make a fabulous instructor and he deserves a raise.

Visited July 2013

Been to Surf N Sea? Share your experiences!