“Relaxing Horseback Ride”

Happy Trails Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Please join us as we celebrate our 25th year of providing a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Relaxing Horseback Ride”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I took one of the longer rides offered as that was the only thing available for the day that I could make it. The horses were very well trained, very nicely maintained and it was a very nice long trail ride with pretty views overlooking the shore from the mountain ridge. The guide was also very nice and it was just a great experience for anyone that loves horses and wants to see a slightly different side of the mountain.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“What a wonderful experience!!! :)”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went on the one hour and a half ride, that actually lasted longer than that ( yayyy lucky us :) and it was an absolute pleasure. Happy Trails Hawaii is located up in the mountains above North Shore so you get some awesome 360 degree views of the mountain and ocean,you might even get to see whales off in the distance at one of the stops along the trail.The trail guides are very friendly and informative, made the ride great fun! The retired polo horses are happy, well cared for, living in paradise! And they are not your typical nose to tail trail horse, they all have their own charming personalities without being scary or dangerous.They are also gentle and easy to handle, if you’re a beginner don't worry they are well trained animals.The trail ride through the woods up and down the hillside was gorgeous, only to arrive at an incredible ocean and mountain view at the top!.We had 2 young children in the group and I was surprised how much fun they had , they weren't scared at all. At the end of the ride one of the little girls asked her mom for a horse for her b-day lol
Make sure you wear closed toe shoes, and long pants would also be a good idea. Most important, bring a camera to capture the views and the beautiful horse you will be riding...
I highly recommend this ride....it's a North Shore treasure!
Thank you Happy Trails Hawaii for a wonderful experience :)

Wahiawa, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful ride to remember!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went on the hour and a half ride this morning and it was incredible! The horses are very well cared for and trained, the saddles are very comfortable and the views are amazing! I was very impressed by the staff and how friendly they all were. Overall this was just a wonderful experience and I would recommend them to anyone from the experienced rider to people who've never ridden before!

Harrington Park
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOTS OF FUN!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My adult daughter and I went on the morning two hour ride with Mark as our guide and another man with his daughter. Great place, well taken care of retired polo ponies, amazing views and cant say enough about Mark as the guide. Yes, expensive but sooo much fun- Learned more about Hawaii in those two hours from Mark than from anyone else on the island- HIghly recommend this for any families, cant recall ever going on a more family oriented trail ride, anywhere. DO IT!!!!

1 Thank Karen D
Wayzata, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not to be missed Hawaii attraction!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am always skeptical when my wife researches trail rides on our vacations. Since she grew up with horses, I try to go along. This time I truly enjoyed the whole experience. Mark, thank you, for your entertaining, beautiful ride into the gorgeous mountains of Oahu. The retired polo horses under Mark's care are well attended to, and seem to love the rides, and showed a little more 'spirit' than our other experiences. As a beginner+, I felt very safe during the two hour ride. Mark has a great sense of humor and we enjoyed hearing about his life experiences playing polo and his tales of running Happy Trails. Mark, have fun with that first grand dude! We hope we will be back before that CRS sets in!!!